Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 08-26-2010, 05:26 AM   #21
rando

Yeah I got in to it with one of the GVG people here a few years ago. I dont think there here anymore.because a number of people saw them show off the new multi-cam feature at NAB then when I wanted to talk about it one of the moderators gave the this is not a announced version crap. Heres the deal if you show it publicly you pretty much announced it.

Asus sabertooth MB Z97 16 gigs of ram SSD system and edit drives Nvidia GTX-660 video card
rando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 06:23 AM   #22
pjsssss

People that have seen it shown can talk about it all they want.
pjsssss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 07:49 AM   #23
rando

You heard him guys SPEAK UP!:)

Asus sabertooth MB Z97 16 gigs of ram SSD system and edit drives Nvidia GTX-660 video card
rando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 09:03 AM   #24
PaulTV

Can't be full 64bit - it's taken too short a time for this release - sure it will run, but slowly compared to the real deal.

Paul

System 1: Edius 7.5 Asus X79 4930K 6 core @4.4GHz Water Cooled. 480GB REVO3x2 System drive, 4TB Raid 0, 4 TB E-Sata Raid 5, 32GB RAM, GTX1070Ti Decklink HD Extreme. 3X Sony AX53 Sony AX700

http://indiestereographer.blogspot.co.uk
PaulTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 11:28 AM   #25
David Clarke

It's not an inditement its marketing. Adobe announced they were going to anounce CS5 a couple of week before they told people what was in it. Avid did the same. Grass Valley are probably going to announce it soon and these first leaks are to wet your appetite and get some anticipation going....
The tech guys have been beavering away for months now it is time for the marketing guys to have some fun.
As for it not being 64 bit - I am not so sure how important that is. EDIUS works really well for me right now on complex projects and it is 32bit. Adobe had to go 64 bit because Adobe did not work that well on complex stuff, but that meant a whole developement cycle with hardly any new features. There is a lot of stuff we all want GV to add to EDIUS and I could not see that happening if they went 64 bit. (they may have done of course, I have not been to the show!)
Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10
David Clarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:38 PM   #26
vortigern

After Rovex nothing surprises me about how companies market things. I do know that I have just completed another video using Edius 5.5 and it does everything that I wanted to do. The programme for me is proved I have been pleased with it in all its versions.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:46 PM   #27
Jerry

Let me put it this way. Those of us who showed it
cannot say anything more than , yes Dorothy there is
an Edius 6 version. We are bound by an NDA.
However, anyone George, Chuck, Richard, Mike or
myself showed it to can say anything and everything
about what was demonstrated.
So, don't blame GV...start bugging the guys that
saw the demonstration for full disclosure.
If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, 4790K@4.7Ghz, 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
Both systems on Gigabit network
Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, 980x@3.74, Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:48 PM   #28
Philip

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsssss View Post
People that have seen it shown can talk about it all they want.
OK...here's a little of what I saw since you said it is ok and I know you are a BETA testor.

The layout tool now has full 3d capabilities and you can also add a border to it so essentially the 3D pip is not needed.

The region tool has been reworked so you can create custom mattes and keyframe them. It's more than just a rectangle or circle. You can draw your own shapes for the mattes like in AE. That was pretty cool and a big improvement.

Audio waveforms will now generate in the background so you can edit as soon as you drop a clip on the timeline.

He showed me some other cool stuff too but I don't remember all the features. There were plenty of small things too that he didn't talk about. For me the 3d layout tool and the improved Region tool were something us wedding and event shooters could really use and I was pretty excited about those.

There ..... that's some of what I saw.
Philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:56 PM   #29
shueardm

Thanks Phil. They must have the real good stuff in a newer release not shown.
Old 08-26-2010, 01:24 PM   #30
dpalomaki

Quote:
...allow leaks from un-official sources. But I have no idea how it is a win for the community.
It is a win for GV, whets the appitite of the current community, creates buzz (confirmmed rumors are more fun than announcements), and provides hope for folks who might be considering a jump to some other application, or looking to migrate from a legacy app. For the GV user community - it is a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel with a strong indication that it is not just the headlight of an oncoming train.

As one fairly new to Edius, what has the upgrade policy been in the past? i.e., typical cost to upgrade from the previous version.?
dpalomaki is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS