Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 03-17-2018, 07:48 PM   #1
Steady Hand

Question Inherit marks from included sequence

(I guess this was discussed before, but I couldn't find it)
Up to now I used simple sequences to master BluRays. Sequence Markers will go to the BluRay media automatically.
However, in my current project I'm using one master sequence that includes all the individual sequences that make up chapers of the BluRay. Unfortunately I do not see any marks from the original sequences in the master sequence.
Is there a simple may to "inherit" the markers from nested sequences?

Last edited by Steady Hand; 03-17-2018 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Spelling error fixed
Steady Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 01:58 AM   #2
kpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steady Hand View Post
(I guess this was discussed before, but I couldn't find it)
Up to now I used simple sequences to master BluRays. Sequence Markers will go to the BluRay media automatically.
However, in my current project I'm using one master sequence that includes all the individual sequences that make up chapers of the BluRay. Unfortunately I do not see any marks from the original sequences in the master sequence.
Is there a simple may to "inherit" the markers from nested sequences?
Hi:
1) Open the sequence where the markers are > select sequence marker (see screenshot) > export marker list to a folder.
2) Open the sequence where the markers are missing > select sequence marker (see screenshot) > import marker list from the above folder (the icon left of the export icon).
Regards kurt
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image 3.jpg (103.8 KB, 12 views)
Intel core i7-6700K / ASUS Z170A / 32 GB RAM / Intel HD Graphics 530 / SSD Systemdrive / Gigabyte GeForce GT 1070 / Win-10/64 Pro (V-1809) / EDIUS-9.40 WG / Mercalli V2 and V4 Plugin (64bit) / Zonealarm(Firewall etc) / ImgBurn / PhantomDrive / PowerDVD etc.
// Read > Test > Understand

Last edited by kpot; 03-18-2018 at 02:08 AM.
kpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 11:02 AM   #3
Steady Hand

Unhappy Not a solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpot View Post
Hi:
1) Open the sequence where the markers are > select sequence marker (see screenshot) > export marker list to a folder.
2) Open the sequence where the markers are missing > select sequence marker (see screenshot) > import marker list from the above folder (the icon left of the export icon).
Regards kurt
I had thought of this before posting, but I haven't really tried because:
  1. What happened if the sequence that exported the markers starts at an offset of (let's say) one second in the included sequence: Will the offsets be adjusted automagically?
  2. If I import the markers from a a second (or third...) sequence, will the existing markers be replaced, or are new markers just added? Of course the second sequence can't start at offset 0, so item 1 is also an issue.
From a little test I see that the marker positions are not adjusted. One could always mess with the exported CSV file, however, but comfortable is a different solution ;-)
Steady Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 11:45 AM   #4
kpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steady Hand View Post
I had thought of this before posting, but I haven't really tried because:
  1. What happened if the sequence that exported the markers starts at an offset of (let's say) one second in the included sequence: Will the offsets be adjusted automagically?
  2. If I import the markers from a a second (or third...) sequence, will the existing markers be replaced, or are new markers just added? Of course the second sequence can't start at offset 0, so item 1 is also an issue.
From a little test I see that the marker positions are not adjusted. One could always mess with the exported CSV file, however, but comfortable is a different solution ;-)
Hi:
One could assign an initial timecode to each sequence (see screenshot).
// It's just a kind of workaround. But I don't have any more ideas.
Regards kurt
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image 1.jpg (48.5 KB, 7 views)
Intel core i7-6700K / ASUS Z170A / 32 GB RAM / Intel HD Graphics 530 / SSD Systemdrive / Gigabyte GeForce GT 1070 / Win-10/64 Pro (V-1809) / EDIUS-9.40 WG / Mercalli V2 and V4 Plugin (64bit) / Zonealarm(Firewall etc) / ImgBurn / PhantomDrive / PowerDVD etc.
// Read > Test > Understand
kpot is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS