Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 09-13-2010, 08:53 PM   #161
dnavas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken7 View Post
The one thing that is not clear to me is how AVCHD 1920X1080 60p projects are handled. ... That's the current problem with Edius 5, it accepts 1920X1080 60p but won't export at that resolution with 60p.
Well, I did find one way to setup an MPEG2 export at 60p that seemed to do the right thing. But the export options are limited. [Another problem is that you can't single-step through all 60 frames. Presumably all the titling effects are also layered at 30p (never checked that, though). Etc. Presumably these are fixed with a 60p project, which is great!]

The Panny format isn't really AVCHD, so I wouldn't expect the AVCHD export to support it. I would also be interested in knowing which exporters will support 60/50p.

-Dave
dnavas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 09:16 PM   #162
Bassman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
I don't know if this is what you mean.
I did a green screen in AE. I key it out and created an alpha layer. I then exported this to HQ with alpha and imported it into Edius 5.5.
Works fine there.
As I said, I don't know if this is what you are asking.
Thanks for your reply Jerry. That is what I am aksing. I can't remember which version of Edius 4 or 5 I had at the time. Sounds like alpha for that purpose is fine.

How about a use like Boris Graffiti? When I do some titling in Graffiti, the Boris material will not come back to Edius 5.5 as an alpha layer. The background in Edius has to be part of the Graffiti clip to get transparancy which is confined to that clip.

Does Edius 6 add any alpha support in this area? Sort of like Vitascene but I do not know if the new capabilities are for Vitascene only.

Thanks
Bassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:34 PM   #163
mattie

that makes sense - cheers for the clear up - like u say, nice to cut thru the marketing crap.

so the promo video of the 8-bit banding going smooth is a bit of an untruth at this stage... hmmm it wasnt only a bit of sky spinning in that video...
mattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 02:20 AM   #164
johannesj

Finaly now it is possible to capture and edit 10bit material in 10bit that is a big step forward.
Looking forward to more 10bit effects.
3: HPxw8600 dual 3ghz Xeon, STORM 3G, , Edius 7, 32 GB ram.
4: Edius 7, Supermicro x7da8 dual 3ghz Xeon.
Audio: Protools & Nuendo, M-Audio and Presonus interfaces, control surfaces and preamps, dual 3ghz Xeon. 16gb Ram.
Studio monitoring: Mackie 1402-VLZ Pro mixer and Mackie HR824 Spk. Panasonic surround system.
And more
johannesj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 06:20 AM   #165
johnsirb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassman View Post
How about a use like Boris Graffiti? When I do some titling in Graffiti, the Boris material will not come back to Edius 5.5 as an alpha layer. The background in Edius has to be part of the Graffiti clip to get transparancy which is confined to that clip.
From what I remember, Boris behaved the same way in Speed Razor.
SYS 1: Edius 9, Vistitle 2.5, Boris Red,Neat Video, Gigabyte Z170x G5, I7 6700K 4.0Mz Skylake, G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB x2, NVIDIA QUARTO 2000

JVC HM-100,JVC HM-700, JVC HM-600, Canon 80D
johnsirb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 09:47 AM   #166
GrassValley_BH
Demystifier/Analogizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew_hd View Post
It's not 100% confirmed, but at Q=2 most of the files became lossless (so maybe that's why GV removed lossless codec). All updates looks very good and it's a nice release.
Visually lossless != mathematically lossless.
:( But that's just me. For the 98%+ rest of the population, I'm sure simpler is better.
GrassValley_BH is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS