Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > EDIUS: Compatible Third Party Products

Old 07-22-2018, 10:41 AM   #41
Jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimon View Post
Yesterday sent proofs of purchase for replacement of the USB dongle license for digital. How quickly they should respond?
PS: Or I can not send anything and do like Jerry in the video?
You can try it with your dongle license and it might very well work on 2.8.
When 2.9 is released, and you haven't received your digital licenses, you might be left out.
After October 31st, I believe there will be a charge applied for the digital license conversion.
If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, 4790K@4.7Ghz, 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2017, GTX 980ti Classified.
Both systems on Gigabit network
Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, 980x@3.74, Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 780, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 06:19 AM   #42
shueardm

I would not trust that company as far as I could throw them with a license server activation. How often did the Vistitle website crash, go offline, get hacked, infect peoples PC etc . Not that they have any choice, they stuffed up the reseller channel with arrogance and ignorance, so they have to move to digital.

They still have Corsair Solutions listed as a supplier in Australia. Maybe it's handy to look like they have a supplier channel when they do not. Fools.
Old 08-09-2018, 08:48 AM   #43
David Clarke

Speaking as an ex-dealer myself I never had any problems with them and they were always helpful for me. My old company is listed as a reseller so that is out of date but I may become a reseller under my new company anyway.
Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10
David Clarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 08:52 AM   #44
DigitalDave

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by shueardm View Post
I would not trust that company as far as I could throw them with a license server activation. How often did the Vistitle website crash, go offline, get hacked, infect peoples PC etc . Not that they have any choice, they stuffed up the reseller channel with arrogance and ignorance, so they have to move to digital.

They still have Corsair Solutions listed as a supplier in Australia. Maybe it's handy to look like they have a supplier channel when they do not. Fools.
Apart from that Mark, any other issues?
DigitalDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 10:52 AM   #45
shueardm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDave View Post
Apart from that Mark, any other issues?
lol

We must have short memories if we're going to trust these people to get a licensing server working reliably , Anton has already pointed out that they failed miserably at the first hurdle. :)
Old 08-09-2018, 04:05 PM   #46
DigitalDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by shueardm View Post
lol

We must have short memories if we're going to trust these people to get a licensing server working reliably , Anton has already pointed out that they failed miserably at the first hurdle. :)

In fairness the problems were more to do with teething troubles with the instructions sending you down a cul de sac. Within an hour of emailing them I had the download and installed the update. Then using the method Jerry's posted I tried it on another drive and it worked well.
GV have not been without server and activation issues so I think you are being a bit harsh.
DigitalDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 12:19 AM   #47
antonsvideo

it is working fine here without dongle, however two things you must not do:

1. disable ethernet adapter and vistitle will be missing in EDIUS (because Vistitle is locked to Network NIC)
2. always have internet, if there is no internet when starting EDIUS, vistitle popups start appearing nagging about a possible firewall blocking it from calling home

support is now handled by http://www.hkvisdom.com/ and their response time is super fast

EDIUS 9 WG & EDIUS 7.53 with Matrox MXO2, Asrock X99 Extreme 6, Intel Core i7 5960X Extreme Haswell-E 8-Core, Corsair Water Cooling, Nvidia Geforce GTX-980, Samsung 850 Pro SSD for System, 4 WD RE4 2TB in Raid5 for Video, Adaptec Raid Controller, 4 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Fractal Design Arc XL Tower, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win7 Pro

Last edited by antonsvideo; 08-10-2018 at 12:36 AM.
antonsvideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 01:04 AM   #48
shueardm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDave View Post
GV have not been without server and activation issues so I think you are being a bit harsh.
I don't think I am speaking out of tune, when Vistitle came out they spent next to no money on securing their web hosting and the result was numerous instances of malicious attacks on end users. I don't recall Grass Valley ever giving anyone a virus.
Old 08-10-2018, 01:28 AM   #49
GrassValley_SL

Can we please get back on topic.
Thanks for understanding.

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support
GrassValley_SL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 07:48 PM   #50
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonsvideo View Post
1. disable ethernet adapter and vistitle will be missing in EDIUS (because Vistitle is locked to Network NIC)
2. always have internet, if there is no internet when starting EDIUS, vistitle popups start appearing nagging about a possible firewall blocking it from calling home
What if I'm on my laptop and I don't have internet at my location.

Can I have one VT with digital key on one computer and my old dongle with VT on another computer?
JohnFellersProd
JohnnyD is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > EDIUS: Compatible Third Party Products