Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Converters > ADVC

Old 10-26-2008, 03:14 AM   #1
fimmtv

Default ADVC110 - Adobe premiere videonics capture jerky

I am experiencing wobbly video when capturing through Adobe premiere pro or even Windows Movie Maker. What I am experiencing can be found at http://www.fimm.tv/videos/wobbly.avi.

I will try to make this post as short as possible.

Set up is as follows.

Two Panasonic DVC-20 Cameras - connected to videonics MX-1 Mixer with SVHS cables( although I have tried RCA) Mixer connected to Canopus ADVC110, capturing with Dell 1525 laptop.

The video is wobbly as shown when the mixer is connected to the ADVC110, and I am capturing to Adobe premiere Pro. It is the same when I use movie maker.

I have connected the camera directly to the computer both Dell laptop and PC via firewire and there is no wobble.

I have tried the connections with both laptop and PC and problem is the same.

Interesting thing is few weeks ago when laptop had Vista, I used trial version of premiere CS3, and I did not experience the jerkiness.

Also if I connect the camera to the advc directly, the video is steady. The problem seems to be from the videonics to the ADVC to the software.

I am trying to get my head round this, is there anyone out there who has experienced this, or has any ideas, do I have a faulty canopus box.

Appreciate your suggestions

k
fimmtv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 07:44 AM   #2
kbosward

I can't see that the ADVC-110 is faulty if it is working properly when you connect the camera directly to it. There must be something unusual about the mixer output which the ADVC-110 doesn't like.

Ken.
kbosward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 07:16 PM   #3
fimmtv

Thanks Ken, when I output directly to a monitor from the mixer using the same RCA output jack, I don't get the jerkiness. This to me seems the Videonics output is fine. However, it might be outputting something that the ADVC does not like.

I'll keep on testing, Thanks

K
fimmtv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 10:00 PM   #4
kbosward

TVs and monitors are much more forgiving when it comes to displaying video signals. But recording and capture devices require stricter signal tolerances.

Ken.
kbosward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 10:47 PM   #5
GrassValley_BH
Demystifier/Analogizer

Looks like a video clock issue. Check you signal path for loops. If there's a loop in the signal path, remove it.
GrassValley_BH is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Converters > ADVC