Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Converters > ProCoder

Old 07-08-2008, 03:52 PM   #1
JTE48

Default P3 and FCP

Does Procoder export HDV to any format that is recognized by FCP such that you can drop the clip in the timeline without rendering?

Edius 5.51, I7 980x Hex Core, 3.33 GHz, 12GB DDR3, HD Spark, 250GB SSD, Win7 64 bit, 4x2TB RAID 5 eSATA array (200-225mb/sec), 4 hot swappable internal SATAII misc.. drives; Cams: Panasonic AG-DVX200, Go Pro; Edius 5.51/HP 8710W & 17 in mid 2010 MBP/Adobe CC suite.
JTE48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 07:04 PM   #2
GrassValley_KH
Mr Sparkle

I'm not too sure - that's the infuriating thing about FCP - almost everything has to be captured by FCP itself, or wrapped in Quicktime to drop down onto the timeline, or, you purchase a third party plug-in.
GrassValley_KH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 10:28 PM   #3
JTE48

I hear you. I thought my Rhozet encoded HDV Quicktime clips off the edius timeline would play in FCP without processing like the SD quicktime clips but my testers said no. If it's a 2 minute clip they can render it but it takes a while. I wish so many of my production company clients weren't using FCP. In the HDV world it's different with all the different codecs. Life in SD was so much simpler! Dubing to HDCam is expensive. I have one stock agent in the UK that will only take HDV on HDCam. They said an HDV deck with SDI cost 8K and they weren't going to fork out the money for it. So right now they can't take any of my HDV that could be making money for them. I don't know why it has to be SDI but that's the way it is. This is sort of like the old days when we had to dub miniDV to Beta SP for people. For me that involved a 125 mile trip to Miami and then the time/money factor. That is until production companies bought the miniDV decks. Hopefully in time there will be solutions to this dilemma.

Edius 5.51, I7 980x Hex Core, 3.33 GHz, 12GB DDR3, HD Spark, 250GB SSD, Win7 64 bit, 4x2TB RAID 5 eSATA array (200-225mb/sec), 4 hot swappable internal SATAII misc.. drives; Cams: Panasonic AG-DVX200, Go Pro; Edius 5.51/HP 8710W & 17 in mid 2010 MBP/Adobe CC suite.
JTE48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Converters > ProCoder