Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 04-13-2012, 10:40 AM   #11
Jerry

If this was happening on my system, I would just start over from a clean install of Win 7. It used to be harder when I different have clones. Now I just pop in the drive and start installing what I want to add. Or, you could have an install with Edius and your other programs already there.
If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, 4790K@4.7Ghz, 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
Both systems on Gigabit network
Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, 980x@3.74, Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 06:56 AM   #12
mrmidi

Thanks for the recommendations guys . . . .

Unfortunately I am still experiencing the same issues after investigating the above remedies . . . .

I can render Canopus HQ AVI files without issues - but for some reason - cannot export to MPEG-2 without major issues (EDIUS "hangs").

EDIUS will eventually "un-hang" and finish rendering the file ~ but takes forever and when it hangs - it hangs the entire system ~ and the system becomes unresponsive ....... until it un-hangs itself.

I had become so accustomed to super fast render times and reliability w/ previous versions of EDIUS. This seems like a recent issue - but can't say how long it took after upgrading to EDIUS 6 in 2011.

I have a fast Intel Core i7 PC w/ ASUS P6T Motherboard, NVidia 512MB Card and 6GB DDR3 RAM - running Windows 7 (32) and currently updated to EDIUS 6.07. I also have an HD Thunder Boardset (now Storm 3G) and Fire Coder Blu hardware board.
mrmidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:09 AM   #13
mrmidi

Thanks Jerry ~

I would like to do that (format system disk and start over) - but this system is home to other video hardware and software (BlackMagic Decklink HD Extreme 3D) - as well as being a PlayBox Playout Server and also a Scala Content Server.

Having to re-install and re-activate all of those applications would possibly take me days or more to complete w/ numerous updates, patches and such . . . . . so I'm hoping I don't have to do this.

I had a problem w/ this system a year ago ~ where the Scala Infochannel Server software was having a conflict w/ the EDIUS software - because they both utilize the Alladin HASP Dongle - which requires a driver to be installed.

It took months for me to figure out why they were conflicting but eventually fixed the issue by deleting or relocating the HASP driver for either EDIUS or Scala - can't remember which one. Moved the conflicting HASP file to the Win32 folder in C:/Windows.

That stopped the conflict . . .
Old 04-14-2012, 04:44 PM   #14
Jerry

I didn't see an answer to my question of overclocking? Are all of your slots full on your motherboard? It sounds as if you have everything but the kitchen sink in there. If you are maxing out your PCI-e lanes, this could cause the mpeg issue...as well as others.
If you have all of those things on one system you really should clone that OS drive just to save yourself the hassle.
In your previous versions of Edius, I am guessing you are referring to 5.5, did you have all of this other hardware and software
loaded onto the hard drive?

I'm seeing:
1. Decklink Card
2. Thunder Card
3. 2 server systems-Do these have hardware cards installed as well?
4. Firecoder Blu
5. Video Card
You are lucky that you are getting all of this to work. When you export by way of mpeg you are using all of the processors. So, if you have a six core chip then you are running 12 threads. Your memory is tied up and passing to your page file. This is a slow down area.
You are still running XP so the max ram is 2gbs...possibly 3.5 with the pae switch activated. Win 7 64bit might help, along with a little more ram.

I just think you have way to much on the system for it not being a server motherboard.
Just because those slots are on the motherboard doesn't mean that they all should be used. Slots share things such as ethernet, audio, usb, etc. You would be better off with building another system and putting half of the hardware in the new box.
If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, 4790K@4.7Ghz, 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
Both systems on Gigabit network
Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, 980x@3.74, Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Last edited by Jerry; 04-14-2012 at 05:07 PM.
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:26 PM   #15
mrmidi

nope. not overclockin the cpu.

server software is just software - one of which uses the decklink.

there's maybe 1 slot left on mobo - pci 32 or pci express.

edius 5.5 ran fine w/ all these other systems on same pc.

seems like it happened at some point after ugrade to edius 6

seems to be conflict when writing mpeg.

wierd stuff but i appreciate the feedback!
Old 04-15-2012, 12:20 AM   #16
jthomas

Probably a long shot but since the Mpeg 2 exporter uses all cores at 100% it could be overheating the cpu. If you don't monitor cpu temps you might check it. I know you should get a warning but might be worth a check.
Edius Workgroup 8, HDSpark - Asrock X79 Extreme6, Intel I7 3820 @ 4.6 Ghz, Intel RTS2011LC Water Cooler, Intel 120 GB 520 6Gb SSD, 16GB Corsair Quad Channel Memory, NVIDA GeForce GTX 550 TI, W7 Ultimate 64 bit
jthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:44 AM   #17
antonsvideo

is your vectorscope open during mpeg export? if so, close it and try again

if it is open, it will cause random freezing of PC during mpeg export, at least it happens on my PC

EDIUS 9 WG with Matrox MXO2, Asrock X99 Extreme 6, Intel Core i7 5960X Extreme Haswell-E 8-Core, Corsair Water Cooling, Nvidia Geforce GTX-980, Samsung 860 Pro SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 3 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Fractal Design Arc XL Tower, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win7 Pro
antonsvideo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 08:46 PM   #18
Alade.

I tried everything possible, but still Edius freezes on Burn to Disc......it freezes and i have to do a force close, ...this is getting to me....I used to like this program, now, all I get is bloody headaches......when it is not one thing, it is another....I did nothing to the PC, added no programs, I do not have any anti-virus installed....yet problems, problems......
Alade. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 11:30 PM   #19
antonsvideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alade. View Post
I tried everything possible, but still Edius freezes on Burn to Disc......it freezes and i have to do a force close, ...this is getting to me....I used to like this program, now, all I get is bloody headaches......when it is not one thing, it is another....I did nothing to the PC, added no programs, I do not have any anti-virus installed....yet problems, problems......
still menu or motion menu or no menu?

audio type and bitrate?

video bitrate?

temp location for image folder?

EDIUS 9 WG with Matrox MXO2, Asrock X99 Extreme 6, Intel Core i7 5960X Extreme Haswell-E 8-Core, Corsair Water Cooling, Nvidia Geforce GTX-980, Samsung 860 Pro SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 3 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Fractal Design Arc XL Tower, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win7 Pro
antonsvideo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 01:50 AM   #20
Alade.

when I select 'Burn to Disc', it just freezes, nothing happens, just thatt darn white border arond the modules, and it stays like that til I force close it....the Burner never shows up.......Why do they always break programs when they upgrade.......
I used to edit for 3 or 4 weeks without shutting down Edius or the PC and not a single crash or freeze.....Gone are those days...Edius crashes more than a crash dummy these days

Last edited by Alade.; 11-25-2015 at 01:55 AM.
Alade. is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS