Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > EDIUS: Compatible Hardware and Accessories

Old 10-26-2009, 01:32 AM   #1
Artimedia

Default Edius pro 3.5 to Edius 5.11 upgrade issue

When I was about to install Edius 5.11, I was asked to remove previous Edius Installations... A dialogue box shows up with a list with several checkboxes for uninstalling different things (Edius, DiscCapture, Localize, Canopus Video Out for Adobe products...).

I uninstalled everything. As a result, I now have no video output from After Effects... I also do not have Procoder express for Edius and miss several output options when printing to file.

I fear I might have uninstalled more options than I should. Maybe I didn't need to uninstall everything prior to installing Edius 5.11...

What should I have/haven't uninstalled before installing version 5.11? How can I keep video out for AE? I'm using Adobe CS4... Is there a video out plugin for Photoshop?

Please clarify me on these issues.

Thanks in advance!
Artimedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 02:30 AM   #2
pjsssss

Procoder express will not work with Version 5.xx. Teh included exporter takes the place of that.

Go to the registered download section and download the Video Out Plugins.
pjsssss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 02:36 AM   #3
Artimedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsssss View Post
Procoder express will not work with Version 5.xx. Teh included exporter takes the place of that.

Go to the registered download section and download the Video Out Plugins.
Ok, thanks!.. But is the new exporter as versatile and rich as the before bundled Procoder Express? I mean, can I also access a "settings" dialogue box, with bitrates, video and audio codecs, video and pixel aspect ratios, etc... Like in the Procoder?

Sometimes for instance, I need to choose DivX avi codec or a certain video aspect ratio, etc...

I have downloaded the video out plugins but, what about the other things I automatically uninstalled with Pro 3.5? Like the Edius-NX driver (HX-E1)? Has it been reinstalled with Edius 5.11?

And DV and HQ codecs? Are they reinstalled too?

Last edited by Artimedia; 10-26-2009 at 03:08 AM.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:53 AM   #4
pjsssss

Everything you need should have been updated in the update. NX drivers should have been installed. Do you see hardware presets (besides OHCI) on the project settings?

The Edius encoder has 99% of what PCE had and a whole lot more. Just hit F11 when you have a project up and take a look at all of the choices. Check Enable conversion at the bottom of the box to see lots more presets.
Old 10-26-2009, 04:28 AM   #5
Artimedia

I did not make an update (nor an upgrade so, the topic title is a little misleading). I made a complete fresh install of Edius 5.11 and when I did, it prompted me to uninstall everything Canopus related I had installed on my workstation.

After that I lost all video out (even Edius). My device manager showed a question (or exclamation) mark on HX-E2... So I reinstalled the HX-E2 driver and the problem was corrected at the device manager level. It also installed ADVC mode controller, btw.

Now I do have 4 options in Project Settings/New Preset/output devices: Generic OHCI HD 50Hz; Generic OHCI SD PAL; HX-E2 HD 50Hz and HX-E2 SD PAL... And I also get a warning dialogue box: "Multiple Output Devices are found. Please select your output hardware."

Is this normal? Is this the sign of any conflicts? I'm affraid something is not well, because video out is still not working for AE and PS. The plugins are installed and show up at the applications, but they don't work - Black screen.

About the rendering: I do see a lot of settings by checking "enable conversion-Advanced" but, I don't see for instance how to chose a codec for outputting as AVI. With Procoder Express I used to be able to output using the DivX codec, for instance... And I don't see how to do that now.

Last edited by Artimedia; 10-26-2009 at 05:12 AM.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:01 PM   #6
pjsssss

You sound like you are fine. You are seeing hardware presets with the HX-E2 settings. The "Multiple Output Devices are found. Please select your output hardware." is normal and very redundant. There is a small check box to not see that again. Check it.

I will check the video out later today.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:32 PM   #7
Artimedia

Quote:

Yes, if you please... Because I do have video output for Edius but not for AE or PS, although I did install the latest plugin versions.

I have tried to uninstall/reinstall everything several times and I do not manage to get video out from those apps.

I am almost giving up and getting back to Edius Pro 3.5. I even like the layout more, lol...
Old 10-27-2009, 12:43 PM   #8
Artimedia

Quote:
*Bump*

Did you (or anyone else, for that matter) have the oportunity to check this issue out?

I still don't have video out for After Effects and Photoshop CS4. I'm using the latest video out plugin versions so, I can't figure out what might be going wrong...
Old 10-27-2009, 02:01 PM   #9
pjsssss

I only had time to check it very briefly, and I cannot get it to show up in Photoshop or AE. I just upgraded to Windows 7, so that may be the problem. I know I had this work early in the year at a TV station. I just don't remember if they had CS3 or 4. I will try on a Vista machine later.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:24 PM   #10
Artimedia

Quote:
I only had time to check it very briefly, and I cannot get it to show up in Photoshop or AE. I just upgraded to Windows 7, so that may be the problem. I know I had this work early in the year at a TV station. I just don't remember if they had CS3 or 4. I will try on a Vista machine later.
Thanks!.. Looking forward to it! I'm almost giving up on Edius 5 and dowgrading to 3.5/4.0 again. It's bad enough I don't like the design, but all the issues that came with the upgrade, including this loss of video out for Adobe apps, is driving me nuts.

Well, in my case, I'm still working with XP Pro SP3. I never was interested in Vista but, I was one of the first Beta and RC downloaders!.. I look forward to change to Win7 but there are a lot of implications and I don't want to mess with my workflow... Even upgrading to Adobe CS4 was a pain with all that PAL pixel aspect ratio issue (from 1,07 to 1,09).

So, I'm still sticking with XP for now...

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > EDIUS: Compatible Hardware and Accessories