Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 08-26-2008, 01:08 PM   #1
murat unal

Default installing two different version Edius

Hi, everyone. I just got a new station a couple of days ago. I started my new documantary editing with DV format. After 5 minutes capturing, "destination drive disk too slow" warning appeared. I'll try Mpeg2 capture, but working Mpeg with this station is sad. I searched the forums and tried some advices but my problem doesn't solve. At the office i have no such a problem with lower editing systems and old versiyon Edius softwares.

So, my question is; Is it possible to install and run two different Edius version at the same time on a machine. May be at Edius 4.10 or 3.5 the capture problem doesn't exist and after that i can editing with 4.61.

love.

Murat

- EX1R, HXR-MC50E, 5D Mark II, Lumix GH4, Hero4 Black.
- Rode NTG2, NTG3 and lavalier mikes.
- DJI Phantom-2 with zenmuse H3D.
- Sea&Sea housing for 5D Mark II, Ikelite housing for Sony HXR-MC50E.

Last edited by murat unal; 08-27-2008 at 12:32 AM.
murat unal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 03:48 PM   #2
tingsern

I don't think you can do that with ONE COPY of Windows. Since they both have common DLL that are bound to clash with one another.

You can however do this -

a) Partition your SYSTEM disk into 2.

b) Install Windows onto both partitions (use the same registration key - it will work as the Microsoft registration server will recognise this is coming from the same hardware).

c) On one Windows partition, install EDIUS 4.61. On the other Windows partition, install the older EDIUS.

d) Then you boot up into whichever partition you want for your EDIUS.
Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema
tingsern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 06:16 PM   #3
Alade

Yes it can, yes it does......I have a system running with bot 3.62, and 4.xx, and have no problems at all....I use 3.62, because of photo album plugin,which iI use al lot in my wedding videos....love that plugin........ and 4.xx for all my other stuff....plis it has a much nicer GUI..but 4 .xx works much faster. ...I often why ppls would want 2 edit with anything other than Edius...LOL
Alade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 11:07 AM   #4
SoundFreak
Banned

It would of course also be possible to use the (free but good) DV Capture utillity from Canopus.
SoundFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 12:46 PM   #5
Alade

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundFreak View Post
It would of course also be possible to use the (free but good) DV Capture utillity from Canopus.

True, DVCapture is free and works like a dream......captures 3 streams at a time, and any length without breaks....been using it from the time it came out ....that was before Edius....came with Storm....
Old 08-27-2008, 04:31 PM   #6
SoundFreak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alade View Post
been using it from the time it came out ....that was before Edius....came with Storm....
Same here, since the good old Storm days .............. Rock solid then, Rock solid now.

Still, I miss the audio level input meter like the passed on Storm Video, for the rest DVCapture Rocks !

Last edited by SoundFreak; 08-27-2008 at 04:37 PM.
SoundFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 12:06 AM   #7
Alade

True...that was a real plus..... somehow, I dont even like the audio level meter in Edius either.....wish it was in a seperate pallette like the scope...something that can work alone or be snapped into a plllette.....with the vertical or horizontal option.maybe someone will see my post and try that for an upgrade.....yet, it is good where it is for when I send a demo for clients to edit.....they cant copy and keep, have to come back to me hehehehe.....yeh, but a more decent and flexable audio level meter would be nice
Old 08-28-2008, 01:04 AM   #8
STORMDAVE

You can snap the audio mixer as a palette.
STORMDAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 02:39 AM   #9
Alade

is that so,...but then again...does that not eat up your buffers
Old 08-28-2008, 09:20 AM   #10
visual

Default two versions of edius

Hey Alade,
How do you install your two versions,
can you explain it for me please?
Thanks