Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Converters > ADVC

Old 11-03-2009, 10:49 AM   #1
emmrecs

Default Win 7 drivers for ACEDVio?

I have just purchased an ACEDVio card, successfully installed and operational under Windows XP (SP3).

I also have Windows 7 (dual-boot) and am looking to gradually move my audio and video editing software to the new OS. The card appears to install correctly, as does the controller software, but the software reports that the card is not seen.

Any advice very gratefully received!

TIA
emmrecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 07:38 PM   #2
GrassValley_CP
Grass Valley

There are no drivers for this card. The ACEDVio is just like the ADVC products in that they do not require drivers from GV to be installed for use. They are OHCI compliant devices that use the generic DV device drivers that are built into your operating system in order to be recognized and to function properly.
GrassValley_CP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:17 PM   #3
emmrecs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrassValley_CP View Post
There are no drivers for this card. The ACEDVio is just like the ADVC products in that they do not require drivers from GV to be installed for use. They are OHCI compliant devices that use the generic DV device drivers that are built into your operating system in order to be recognized and to function properly.
Thank you for this reply.

But, if the card does not require drivers why does the Controller Software not see it and why does the card not function really at all? Under Win XP I would normally use WinDV as the capture app; conversion of analogue to digital video works entirely as expected. (Interestingly, WinDV sees the card as a "Microsoft DV Camera and VCR").

Under Win 7 WinDV sees the card as an "AV/C Video Recorder/Player" but cannot capture the incoming video. Has Win 7 "removed" the "Microsoft DV Camera and VCR" setting, or is this the result of the non-functioning of the controller software?
Old 11-06-2009, 01:32 AM   #4
shueardm

I can confirm the old Canopus Let's EDIT Rt card also does not work in Win 7.
These cards must use the same IEEE1394 controller (NEC). The NEC chipset is the one that people seem to have problems with. Texas Instruments chipsets so far work very well.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:57 PM   #5
Ferrograph

Same problem for me too - I have ADVC1394 wich worked under Win7 Beta & RC but not Win7 Release.

Controller software says no card installed, and even if I try to select it as a capture card the controls are greyed out and nothng works.

Complete disfunction under Windows 7 RTM.

When is this going to be fixed Grass Valley? Im loosing out on the use of this card. Can somebody make an intelligent reply instead of stating that the card uses native Windows driver cos we all tried that and it dont work.
Ferrograph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 11:08 PM   #6
shueardm

Anyone tried porting the Win Vista NEC driver over?
Old 11-15-2009, 02:42 PM   #7
emmrecs

Anyone tried the solution in this thread? http://ediusforum.grassvalley.com/fo...ad.php?t=13763

It certainly worked for me!

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Converters > ADVC