Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 09-20-2009, 09:25 AM   #1
Birtyboy1

Default HELP! Lost ability to capture

Working on new project and captured first tape ok. Changed tapes and now the option to capture is greyed out.

I am capturing using OHCI HDV from Sony camera.

Tried a different cable, re-booted machine.

I can capture SD through my NX card but I edit native HDV.

Can not either output HDV through firewire, TS writer controls are also greyed out.

Does this sound like a hardware issue?

Intel Core 2 Duo 3GHZ CPU, Intel DP35DPM, 4GB DDR RAM, N/GEFORCE/9800GT, HD Spark, Edius 5.11, Viewsonic VX2260WM. Sony Z5, FX1.
Birtyboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 09:36 AM   #2
antonsvideo

what are your capture input settings? should be 1440x1080i Pal or NTSC depending on your tape recording

EDIUS 9 WG with Matrox MXO2, Asrock X99 Extreme 6, Intel Core i7 5960X Extreme Haswell-E 8-Core, Corsair Water Cooling, Nvidia Geforce GTX-980, Samsung 860 Pro SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 3 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Fractal Design Arc XL Tower, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win7 Pro
antonsvideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 12:47 PM   #3
NakedEye

Hi there...you have most likely tried this already but just in case make sure your cam or deck is set to HDV and not auto.....also do you have a mixed tape....what I mean is has it been recorded with a few frames of DV at the start perhaps by mistake and is throwing capture off when it is trying to initiate HDV.....just a thought.....seeing as how it worked with the first tape.

Do you have any exclamation mark in device manager next to the OHCI firewire entry.....maybe disconnecting the cam/deck and uninstalling the firewire card and letting windows reinstall on restart then re detect your deck or cam & try again.

Regards

Dave.
Main Editor - Edius 8.53 AdobeCC Mini Monitor 4K Intel X99P SLI Intel Core i7 6800K CPU Gigabyte GTX980 SanDisk Ultra Video SSD 1XINTEL System SSD 16GB Kingston DDR4 2400 RAM VisTitle 2.8 Onboard Sound 10GBE LAN WIN10Pro 64bit

Encoding - Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT Intel 4790K CPU Gigabyte GTX550Ti Gigabyte GTX980 Western Digital HDD's LG Blu-ray drive, 16GB Kingston DDR3 1600 RAM BMD Mini Monitor 4K Edius 8.53 Creative Cloud Win 10 64bit Pro
www.nakedeyedv.com
NakedEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 10:00 PM   #4
Birtyboy1

Hi

Capture settings are 1440x1080 PAL.

Camera is set to HDV and it is not a mixed tape.

No exclamation mark against the OHCI card either.

I had 8 tapes to capture, first was fine, turned off cam ejected tape put new tape in and then no capture. Same with a SD tape.

Thanks for trying to offer help, if no other replies I'm afraid its back to the PC builder which is what I could do without right now.

Intel Core 2 Duo 3GHZ CPU, Intel DP35DPM, 4GB DDR RAM, N/GEFORCE/9800GT, HD Spark, Edius 5.11, Viewsonic VX2260WM. Sony Z5, FX1.
Old 09-20-2009, 10:23 PM   #5
DigitalDave

I think you need a bit more debugging before you run off to the PC builder.

Establish that the Firewire out of the camera/player is still working. If you have pulled a 6pin lead out of a Firewire socket with the camera/player connected, you may have fried the firewire.

Switch to DV at least check that out if that works it has to be project or player OP settings. Also try to capture HDV THROUGH the NX Card but with the settings set to OHCI -it works!
DigitalDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 11:47 PM   #6
Birtyboy1

First the good news (for me anyway). Today I tried again by first turning the camera on without starting up Edius.

Started Edius and voila I can capture again.

Is there a sequence to follow as I am sure that I never started a source first before booting up Edius.

Once you've captured a tape do you turn the camera off or just eject and put in the next tape.

Thanks again for the suggestions guys.

Old 09-21-2009, 12:36 AM   #7
pjsssss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birtyboy1 View Post
First the good news (for me anyway). Today I tried again by first turning the camera on without starting up Edius.

Started Edius and voila I can capture again.

Is there a sequence to follow as I am sure that I never started a source first before booting up Edius.

Once you've captured a tape do you turn the camera off or just eject and put in the next tape.

Thanks again for the suggestions guys.
We capture all tapes at once. When one is finished, put in next tape, hit Capture and waway you go.
pjsssss is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS