Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 05-07-2009, 02:59 PM   #1
ThreeD

Default Combine 3 edius projects into one

I have 3 independent Edius projects that I have completed and burned onto DVD. Now I would like to start a new project that consists of all three of the completed projects. Specifically, how do I start with a new project and add to the time line the first of the three projects. Following this, I then want to add to the time line the second project. After the first two that are on the time line, I then want to add the third project.
ThreeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 03:04 PM   #2
Khoi Pham

Click on the arrow next to the icon to open new project then choose import sequence, then import the sequence of the 1st project in and then repeat.
Khoi Pham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 10:30 PM   #3
ThreeD

I do not find 'Import Sequence'. Perhaps I'm not looking in the right place. There is the Edius icon in the top left corner or to the left of the project name that is about in the middle of the display on the left side. I'm also using Edius 3.61 at the moment. I have version 5 but want to get two projects finished before I install and move to the new version. Can I still accomplish what I want to do with version 3.61 of Edius?
Old 05-08-2009, 11:35 PM   #4
pjsssss

I think Khoi is giving you 2 steps. Create a New Project first (that is the icon he is talking about or use Ctrl+N) then look under File and choose Import Sequence (which really should be Import Project) and import each of your 3 original projects
pjsssss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 11:45 PM   #5
Scott Chapin

That is too nice! I am just at a point where that feature could make life easier.

Intel® Core™ 2 Quad Processor Q6700 at 2.66Ghz, Intel® Desktop Board DP35DP,
6GB DDR2/800 DIMMS, 1TB RAID-0 7,200 RPM,
GeForce 9600GT PCIe 1024MB
Scott Chapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 03:36 AM   #6
ThreeD

I must be missing something that may be obvious to others but not to me! When I click on the Edius Icon at mid screen on the left side, I see the following list: Functions, Scale, Add VA Track, Add Title Track, Add ExAudio Track, Help. When I move the mouse to FUNCTIONS, I see the following list: File, Edit, Tools. When I move the mouse to FILE, I see the following list: New project, Open project ctrl+O, <Open project>, Save project ctrl+S, <Save project>. When I move the mouse to <OPEN PROJECT>, I see the following list: Open project, Merge project, Restore offline clip (greyed out), Import project, a list of my previous projects that are path names that end with .epj. When I move the mouse to IMPORT PROJECT, I see EDL. If I move the mouse to one of the path names that end with .epj and click, that project is loaded into my new project. I then move the edius curser to the end of this first project to indicate where I want to concatenate the next project. I follow the above steps to import the second project and the first project on the time line gets overwritten with with the second rather than it being concatenated behind the first. What am I doing wrong?
Old 05-09-2009, 03:55 AM   #7
Scott Chapin

Open a new project. You have the GV, Edius, and File radio buttons on the monitor screen (top). Click on File>Import Seqence. A dialogue box with import project shows up. you can take it from there.

Intel® Core™ 2 Quad Processor Q6700 at 2.66Ghz, Intel® Desktop Board DP35DP,
6GB DDR2/800 DIMMS, 1TB RAID-0 7,200 RPM,
GeForce 9600GT PCIe 1024MB

Last edited by Scott Chapin; 05-09-2009 at 04:04 AM.
Scott Chapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 06:09 AM   #8
pjsssss

Forget the Edius Icon. The File that I am talking about is at the top of the page like the normal Windows, file, Edit , View, etc.
Old 05-09-2009, 03:56 PM   #9
Khoi Pham

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsssss View Post
Forget the Edius Icon. The File that I am talking about is at the top of the page like the normal Windows, file, Edit , View, etc.
Pat is right, forget what I told you, I'm so use to do it my ways because it is right there on top of the timeline, but for a new user, go with the standard, File/Import Sequence. Sorry for the confusion, but there are many ways to do 1 task in Edius. (-:
Khoi Pham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 04:18 PM   #10
pjsssss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khoi Pham View Post
... but there are many ways to do 1 task in Edius. (-:
So true. I usually tell people that this ability is both a pro and a con depending on how you look at it.

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS