Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > EDIUS: Compatible Hardware and Accessories

Old 09-16-2016, 03:31 PM   #11
DIGITALPOST

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Clarke View Post
Hooray. I have not thoroughly tested this driver myself but it has been working for everything I have done. In recent BM drivers we had an occasional issue where the sound would just disappear and would not come back until you restarted EDIUS. I had this once on the 10.8 drivers but I also noticed that Windows had set the Blackmagic audio as the default sound card for Windows instead of using the proper sound card. After switching this in the Windows control panel I have not had an issue.

My tech guys have also said that a few times when installing new BM drivers Windows 10 has switched to using the BM as the sound card.

Check what Windows has the default sound card and change it, if BM is the default. Do this without EDIUS running. Then just use it and see what happens. If you get any problems please let me know.

My feeling is that the 10.8 drivers are ok, but I thought that about the last drivers until it was pointed out that in HD project they play everything at double speed.

As they are working for you don't change them,
David,

Have you seen any of these new cards yet?
Seems like good option if you only need an output card for edius?
https://news.creativecow.net/story/882759
DIGITALPOST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 03:59 PM   #12
Adbear

They have been announced, but no stock is available yet.

Also unless you want either SDI out or will be using the HDR out for UHD then the IP4K is probably still a better card as it gives you analog in and out as well as HDMI in and out for around the same price. It all depends on what connector you want to use to go to your screen
Old 09-16-2016, 08:32 PM   #13
DIGITALPOST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adbear View Post
They have been announced, but no stock is available yet.

Also unless you want either SDI out or will be using the HDR out for UHD then the IP4K is probably still a better card as it gives you analog in and out as well as HDMI in and out for around the same price. It all depends on what connector you want to use to go to your screen
Thanks. I don't have a need for analog in any more, but SDI out is useful for me.. and the HDR is something we may need in the future. I think I saw something about HDR support mentioned in Edius 8.3.
Old 09-17-2016, 12:07 AM   #14
David Clarke

At IBC they were demonstration HDR using EDIUS 8.22 and the primary colour corrector. They were outputting using a Grass Valley card. We don't know if it will do HDR with Blackmagic. When we get the new cards in we will try it.

I have been told stock is not here but will be coming "soon".
Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10
David Clarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 03:30 PM   #15
DIGITALPOST

Thanks for the update Dave. Look forward to hearing your opinion when there arrive.

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > EDIUS: Compatible Hardware and Accessories