Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2020, 02:35 PM   #11
DigitalDave
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Basildon UK
Posts: 2,424
Default

I'm not convinced that Transform in this instance does any more than layouter, especially saved presets but I will play this week and follow Captains method.
Interesting post from 2018. https://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/...ad.php?t=41616

Last edited by DigitalDave; 04-05-2020 at 03:53 PM.
DigitalDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 02:42 PM   #12
ulyssesvideo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: sydney
Posts: 475
Default

thanks Dave

I will have a look at that link.

and yes.. not a good feeling when you lose data no matter how it happens... but yes... its good when you learn how to recover and fix.

I hope you and your family are well in the UK.
ulyssesvideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 02:51 PM   #13
GrassValley_PS
Moderator
 
GrassValley_PS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 4,864
Default

My basic rule of thumb is that if I create an effect/movement and I am going to save it for future use as a preset, I use Transform. If it is a one time use for that specific situation, I use Layouter.
__________________
Main System: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512GB , GeForce GTX 1080ti SC Black, Corsair AX1200i PS, Phanteks Luxe Case, 16TB RAID (4)HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB, Corsair H115i CPU Cooler, AJA Kona 4, BMD Intensity Pro 4K, Win 10
GrassValley_PS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 04:02 PM   #14
DigitalDave
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Basildon UK
Posts: 2,424
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulyssesvideo View Post
thanks Dave

I will have a look at that link.

and yes.. not a good feeling when you lose data no matter how it happens... but yes... its good when you learn how to recover and fix.

I hope you and your family are well in the UK.
Many Thanks.
Yes we are both keeping safe and well and remakably, not getting on each others nerves. In fact my wife was only saying to the washing machine earlier...

Stay safe in Aus. Its going to be a tough couple of months for us all.
DigitalDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 06:22 PM   #15
ulyssesvideo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: sydney
Posts: 475
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDave View Post
Many Thanks.
Yes we are both keeping safe and well and remakably, not getting on each others nerves. In fact my wife was only saying to the washing machine earlier...

Stay safe in Aus. Its going to be a tough couple of months for us all.

thanks Dave.

and hopefully this will end soon. yes.. it is going to be a tough few months or so!

how is your work situation? I am lucky that I am still working full time, but for a lot of ppl around the world, their jobs have been put on hold... so not fair for them!
ulyssesvideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 08:07 PM   #16
DigitalDave
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Basildon UK
Posts: 2,424
Default

Workwise tough. A lot of work hit a wall overnight as I have pro theatre work in the pipeline. A cinema ad was lost- cinemas are closed and a TVad I was supposed to be working on, cancelled as the product warehouse along with retail outlets are closed.
2 holidays cancelled + a day trip to Holland to Keukenhof the spectacular bulb gardens is also lost. We have two more trips to Scotland and France planned later in the year, My gut feeling is they are not going to happen.
It is not all gloom, one of my corporate clients has given me a huge personal camcorder collection to transfer, which will keep the wheels turning and lots of those jobs around the home are getting done, plus the weather is getting warmer and we can get on with making the garden look tidy.
More importantly, we are alive, we have a house big enough that each other can have their own space, I have the studio my wife has her craft room, a garden with plenty of birds on the feeders and open countryside behind our garden. We are not having to worry where the next meal is coming from and not confined to a small flat with no view other than more flats. We remind ourselves of this everyday and it is 5 years less a week that I was about to have a 4-5 hour op to have a 2.5 cm cancerous tumour removed from my left kidney. As it was discovered quite by accident, every day of being alive, well and cancer free is a bonus and every day, not in a religous way, I say a "thank you" for the skilll of my Uro-Oncologist. He did one amazing edit on my left kidney and 6 days after surgery I was home editing a TV ad.
So I'm being careful and we are making the most of spending time with each other, whereas others are not so lucky.
OMG I bet you wished you never asked.
To everyone STAY SAFE and follow the rules. This is not going to all be gone in two weeks it maybe months before normality returns.
DigitalDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 11:41 PM   #17
Captain
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Germany
Posts: 294
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddock View Post
Thank you for your time Captain. I have try... cropping works well... and zooming with the layouter works also but so the image is bigger and bigger...but I have not the same constant cropping windows that stays as a final windows for the complete time line.
Remember that you can use a filter multiple times on the same clip. So, after you are done with the Layouter things you do, finally put another transform filter below and do the cropping there. Now, whatever zooming you do in Layouter, it will be limited by the cropping of the transform filter that is processed after the Layouter.
__________________
Intel Core i7-7820X ---- Noctua NH-D15S ---- MSI X299 GAMING M7 ACK ---- 64GB RAM 2666-15 Corsair Dominator Platinum ---- 500GB Samsung 960 EVO M.2 (system SSD) ---- 512GB Samsung 960 PRO M.2 (data SSD) ---- Aorus Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti ---- be quiet! SILENT BASE 600 Case ---- be quiet! Dark P. Pro P11 850W ---- Win10 Pro ---- Edius WG 8.53.2808
Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 12:24 AM   #18
ulyssesvideo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: sydney
Posts: 475
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDave View Post
Workwise tough. A lot of work hit a wall overnight as I have pro theatre work in the pipeline. A cinema ad was lost- cinemas are closed and a TVad I was supposed to be working on, cancelled as the product warehouse along with retail outlets are closed.
2 holidays cancelled + a day trip to Holland to Keukenhof the spectacular bulb gardens is also lost. We have two more trips to Scotland and France planned later in the year, My gut feeling is they are not going to happen.
It is not all gloom, one of my corporate clients has given me a huge personal camcorder collection to transfer, which will keep the wheels turning and lots of those jobs around the home are getting done, plus the weather is getting warmer and we can get on with making the garden look tidy.
More importantly, we are alive, we have a house big enough that each other can have their own space, I have the studio my wife has her craft room, a garden with plenty of birds on the feeders and open countryside behind our garden. We are not having to worry where the next meal is coming from and not confined to a small flat with no view other than more flats. We remind ourselves of this everyday and it is 5 years less a week that I was about to have a 4-5 hour op to have a 2.5 cm cancerous tumour removed from my left kidney. As it was discovered quite by accident, every day of being alive, well and cancer free is a bonus and every day, not in a religous way, I say a "thank you" for the skilll of my Uro-Oncologist. He did one amazing edit on my left kidney and 6 days after surgery I was home editing a TV ad.
So I'm being careful and we are making the most of spending time with each other, whereas others are not so lucky.
OMG I bet you wished you never asked.
To everyone STAY SAFE and follow the rules. This is not going to all be gone in two weeks it maybe months before normality returns.

Glad to ask how your going in the UK. its nice to hear other ppl stories.
there is nothing better than living in a large area.... years ago I lived on grape a farm.. they were great times... open space, clean air and plenty to do etc.
I am glad to hear that your well and recovered from your medical issues. My dad had cancer as well and luckily for him was noticed at the early stages, he is still ticking along at home with my Mum looking after the garden etc cancer free...

Its good to hear you have some work to do...
I work at a tv media playout centre, looking after alot of channel outputs for the country. closing down the facility is not an option.
also I still have some editing jobs as well, the odd tv ad and some corporate videos.

To everyone on here, hope you & your families stay safe during this time of uncertain.
ulyssesvideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 11:29 AM   #19
Haddock
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Belgium
Posts: 1,296
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain View Post
Remember that you can use a filter multiple times on the same clip. So, after you are done with the Layouter things you do, finally put another transform filter below and do the cropping there. Now, whatever zooming you do in Layouter, it will be limited by the cropping of the transform filter that is processed after the Layouter.
Yess, its right but the image cropped will become bigger if I zoom (olding the cropping values). So the final border window will not be constant... as when using the mask.

I think I have difficulties to explain the final role of the mask...
__________________
Yvon durieux alias "Haddock" Belgium GMT + 1

Sorry for my poor english, I am french native speaking

Main System: Azus Z87 Pro, 4770K@3.5Ghz, 16gb ram, Nvidia GeForce GT 630, Windows 7 Pro 64, Samsung 840 pro, Edius 8.53.2808 WG and 9.40.4896 + NXexpress or HDspark, 2T separate video SSD.
Haddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 11:31 AM   #20
Haddock
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Belgium
Posts: 1,296
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulyssesvideo View Post
Glad to ask how your going in the UK. its nice to hear other ppl stories.
there is nothing better than living in a large area.... years ago I lived on grape a farm.. they were great times... open space, clean air and plenty to do etc.
I am glad to hear that your well and recovered from your medical issues. My dad had cancer as well and luckily for him was noticed at the early stages, he is still ticking along at home with my Mum looking after the garden etc cancer free...

Its good to hear you have some work to do...
I work at a tv media playout centre, looking after alot of channel outputs for the country. closing down the facility is not an option.
also I still have some editing jobs as well, the odd tv ad and some corporate videos.

To everyone on here, hope you & your families stay safe during this time of uncertain.
Very nice testimonial of your feelings
__________________
Yvon durieux alias "Haddock" Belgium GMT + 1

Sorry for my poor english, I am french native speaking

Main System: Azus Z87 Pro, 4770K@3.5Ghz, 16gb ram, Nvidia GeForce GT 630, Windows 7 Pro 64, Samsung 840 pro, Edius 8.53.2808 WG and 9.40.4896 + NXexpress or HDspark, 2T separate video SSD.
Haddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
 
Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mask tool createmedia Editing with EDIUS 4 04-19-2018 09:25 AM
Searching for a beter turning page... Haddock Editing with EDIUS 11 03-15-2018 08:56 AM
Mask COMPLETE VIDEO IMAGE Editing with EDIUS 23 02-17-2016 01:10 PM
Mask COMPLETE VIDEO IMAGE Editing with EDIUS 12 11-12-2012 06:33 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:15 AM.


Copyright 2014 Belden Inc. All rights reserved.