Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Converters > ADVC

Old 06-08-2007, 04:19 AM   #1
easter

Default Weak Audio

I have an ADVC50 with a VCR connected to capture and edit my old VHS tapes. I have tried several different capture packages and the audio is weak on all of these. Is there a way to boast the audio? The tapes sound fine.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:40 AM   #2
fusebuster

I've used a program called TMPGEnc 4.0 Xpress (Pegasys Software) to increase the volume on avi files. Xpress also has a number of other filters that are very useful with post-processing the captured file. The program will also allow editing, as well as converting the avi to a standard DVD mpeg file.

There is some overlap with other Canopus products, however, I am not familiar with one that will increase the gain (volume).
Old 06-11-2007, 10:26 PM   #3
GrassValley_BH
Demystifier/Analogizer

ProCoder has Volume filter that can do basic volume adjustment on the input or output file. Of course, this is a transcoding process, so it's re-encoding the video too.

In the poster's case, it might be easier just to get a cheap stereo audio mixer with Line-Out and put that between the ADVC and the VCR.
GrassValley_BH is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Converters > ADVC