Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 07-27-2019, 11:48 AM   #1
Liverpool TV

Default Edius 9 and Quick Sync working without the iGPU terminated or attached to a monitor.

Hi.

I'm just seeking clarification as I may have misunderstood something in the past. My understanding of Edius and Quick Sync was that the iGPU was supposed to be terminated, usually by connecting it to an active monitor. Is, or was, this the case?

I have my i9 system working with E9WG and have all the H.264 and H.265 functionality working with the i9's Quick Sync co-processor but without anything attached to the iGPU.

Have I misunderstood something, or is this how QS is supposed to work anyway, or is this a function of E9WG?

In any event, it's super cool and reduces the risk of Windows getting confused with a multi-monitor setup and helps with the layout of surround configurations for monitoring the GUI via dedicated GPU software.

Cheers,
Dave.

If you don't know the difference between Azimuth and Asimov, then either your tapes sound bad and your Robot is very dangerous. Kill all humans...... Or your tape deck won't harm a human, and your Robot's tracking and stereo imagining is spot on.

Is your Robot three laws safe?
Liverpool TV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 02:39 PM   #2
kpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverpool TV View Post
Hi.

I'm just seeking clarification as I may have misunderstood something in the past. My understanding of Edius and Quick Sync was that the iGPU was supposed to be terminated, usually by connecting it to an active monitor. Is, or was, this the case?

I have my i9 system working with E9WG and have all the H.264 and H.265 functionality working with the i9's Quick Sync co-processor but without anything attached to the iGPU.

Have I misunderstood something, or is this how QS is supposed to work anyway, or is this a function of E9WG?

In any event, it's super cool and reduces the risk of Windows getting confused with a multi-monitor setup and helps with the layout of surround configurations for monitoring the GUI via dedicated GPU software.

Cheers,
Dave.

1) "My understanding of Edius and Quick Sync was that the iGPU was supposed to be terminated, usually by connecting it to an active monitor. Is, or was, this the case?"
Yes, that was so necessary.

2) Since it works now for me (with 9.4) without termination (no monitor connection), I inquired (MMM in Munich and Filmpraxis in Nuernberg): This restriction is allegedly no longer necessary.
Regards kurt
Intel core i7-6700K / ASUS Z170A / 32 GB RAM / Intel HD Graphics 530 / SSD Systemdrive / Gigabyte GeForce GT 1070 / Win-10/64 Pro (V-1809) / EDIUS-9.40 WG / Mercalli V2 and V4 Plugin (64bit) / Zonealarm(Firewall etc) / ImgBurn / PhantomDrive / PowerDVD etc.
// Read > Test > Understand
kpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 02:53 PM   #3
Liverpool TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpot View Post
1) "My understanding of Edius and Quick Sync was that the iGPU was supposed to be terminated, usually by connecting it to an active monitor. Is, or was, this the case?"
Yes, that was so necessary.

2) Since it works now for me (with 9.4) without termination (no monitor connection), I inquired (MMM in Munich and Filmpraxis in Nuernberg): This restriction is allegedly no longer necessary.
Regards kurt
Hi Kurt.

Thanks for that confirmation, I must have missed that information when reading up on 9.4.

Cheers,
Dave.

If you don't know the difference between Azimuth and Asimov, then either your tapes sound bad and your Robot is very dangerous. Kill all humans...... Or your tape deck won't harm a human, and your Robot's tracking and stereo imagining is spot on.

Old 07-28-2019, 11:27 AM   #4
John Lewis

My experience of using QS is not the same
My Specs are listed below
The Driver is 24.12.14.3086
For me this was the first of the New Intel style drivers that worked

I tested a 2 minute HD 1920x1080 25p clip, the timings were:-
1 With connection to another monitor it took 20 seconds.
2 HDMI cable was detached from the other monitor an QS Harware Encoder option to unchecked did not appear in export it took 30 seconds
John Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 12:02 PM   #5
Liverpool TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Lewis View Post
My Specs are listed below
The Driver is 24.12.14.3086
For me this was the first of the New Intel style drivers that worked

I tested a 2 minute HD 1920x1080 25p clip, the timings were:-
1 With connection to another monitor it took 20 seconds.
2 HDMI cable was detached from the other monitor an QS Harware Encoder option to unchecked did not appear in export it took 30 seconds
Hi John.

Have you tried exporting H.265 without a monitor attached? I only ask as this is meant to be a thing with the latest E9. For me, QSV H.264 exporting was a big surprise as I was expecting to connect a monitor but I then realised that my playback had been taking advantage of it anyway.

In my case I just let Windows update the driver to whatever it thinks is the latest and not anything specific from the board manufacturer.

I don't have to order anything specifically in the BIOS between my iGPU and discrete one either, as long as the iGPU is in there for multi.

Also, my build is the cheapest of its type, aside from the storage, so nothing special about the motherboard.

Cheers,
Dave.

Old 07-28-2019, 12:13 PM   #6
kpot

Quote:

You are using 9.4 Workgroup or Pro ?
Intel core i7-6700K / ASUS Z170A / 32 GB RAM / Intel HD Graphics 530 / SSD Systemdrive / Gigabyte GeForce GT 1070 / Win-10/64 Pro (V-1809) / EDIUS-9.40 WG / Mercalli V2 and V4 Plugin (64bit) / Zonealarm(Firewall etc) / ImgBurn / PhantomDrive / PowerDVD etc.
// Read > Test > Understand
kpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 12:19 PM   #7
Jerry

Is this change based on Edius 9.4 or hardware specific? More specifically, the 9th gen CPU's and motherboards.
If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, 4790K@4.7Ghz, 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
Both systems on Gigabit network
Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, 980x@3.74, Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 12:29 PM   #8
John Lewis

No it wont
Attached Images
File Type: jpg no Decoder.jpg (31.7 KB, 14 views)
Old 07-28-2019, 12:53 PM   #9
John Lewis

I never used to let windows change the driver as the i9 originally had problems so i used those drivers that was noted to work on the forum and starting off by re installing the driver on the disk and then updating manually
The latest major Win 10 kindly installed the new driver that worked
Old 07-28-2019, 12:57 PM   #10
Liverpool TV

Quote:
No it wont
That's odd?

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS