Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 05-17-2019, 10:06 AM   #1
James48

Question EDIUS Pro 9 Jump Upgrade from EDIUS 2-7

Hello, I'm working with Edius Pro 7.0 Crossgrade and upgrade 7.53.

May I ask you if buying EDIUS Pro 9 Jump Upgrade from EDIUS 2-7 is a good investment please?

I also read that NewBlue 5.0 is part of the purchase, is this correct pls?
For me, NewBlue is a great program to add beautiful titles.

Regards
James48
James48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 10:17 AM   #2
antonsvideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by James48 View Post
May I ask you if buying EDIUS Pro 9 Jump Upgrade from EDIUS 2-7 is a good investment please?
James48
no, but a Jump Upgrade to EDIUS 9 WG would be a good investment

with Pro 9 you will lose things you had in 7.53 such as audio monitoring mode and loudness meter

Newblue Titler 5 comes with either version

EDIUS 9 WG with Matrox MXO2, Asrock X99 Extreme 6, Intel Core i7 5960X Extreme Haswell-E 8-Core, Corsair Water Cooling, Nvidia Geforce GTX-980, Samsung 860 Pro SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 3 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Fractal Design Arc XL Tower, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win7 Pro
antonsvideo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 10:41 AM   #3
James48

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonsvideo View Post
no, but a Jump Upgrade to EDIUS 9 WG would be a good investment

with Pro 9 you will lose things you had in 7.53 such as audio monitoring mode and loudness meter

Newblue Titler 5 comes with either version
Hello Anton, super, I am very happy that you wanted to answer this important question for me.

I'hope the price will not raise up a lot, I'm going to ask the seller and keep my fingers crossed. :|

I'm very glad NewBlue 5 is part of the program.

Regards, James48
Old 05-17-2019, 01:04 PM   #4
James48

Question

I'hope the price will not raise up a lot

Dear Anton, made a phone call, the 'Jump Upgrade to EDIUS 9 WG' is the professional version and is twice as expensive.

I would like to know when an old Montage or Footage with 'EDIUS Pro 9 Jump Upgrade' is loaded, there will always be a sound?
But what you warned me about, not always the way it should be?

I'm a hobby Filmer and do not mount that often so I do not want to buy the most expensive version.

It is for me still a progress to purchase 'Jump Upgrade EDIUS 9' please?

James48
Old 05-18-2019, 12:51 AM   #5
antonsvideo

for personal hobby use, I think the Pro version will be fine
if you are doing TV Ads, the loudness meter of the WG version is a plus but audio can be done outside EDIUS

other advantage of the WG version is that you can lower preview resolution in order to get realtime playback of layers of UHD or clips with filters that would need rendering in order to play

also with WG, your PC does not need an internet connection once activated

EDIUS 9 WG with Matrox MXO2, Asrock X99 Extreme 6, Intel Core i7 5960X Extreme Haswell-E 8-Core, Corsair Water Cooling, Nvidia Geforce GTX-980, Samsung 860 Pro SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 3 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Fractal Design Arc XL Tower, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win7 Pro
antonsvideo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 04:36 AM   #6
GrassValley_PS

The loudness meter has nothing to do with normal audio adjustment. Generally, it is more of a Broadcast tool.
Main System: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512GB , GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, Corsair AX1200i PS, Phanteks Luxe Case, 16TB RAID (4)HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB, Corsair H115i CPU Cooler, AJA Kona 4, BMD Intensity Pro 4K, Win 10
GrassValley_PS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 09:55 AM   #7
James48

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonsvideo View Post
for personal hobby use, I think the Pro version will be fine
if you are doing TV Ads, the loudness meter of the WG version is a plus but audio can be done outside EDIUS

other advantage of the WG version is that you can lower preview resolution in order to get realtime playback of layers of UHD or clips with filters that would need rendering in order to play

also with WG, your PC does not need an internet connection once activated
The loudness meter has nothing to do with normal audio adjustment. Generally, it is more of a Broadcast tool.

I have waited before placing the order until you have answered the questions, now I have a good feeling about buying this expensive program.

I'm Iooking also forward to working with the extra bonus "NewBlue Pro 5"

I want to thank you for your involvement.

Regards,
James48
Old 05-18-2019, 10:07 AM   #8
David Clarke

NewBlue Titler Pro 5 comes with either the Pro or Workgroup versions. It is almost the same as the retail version of Titler Pro 5, but without the "elastic timeline".
I wrote and explanation of the differences between the Pro and Workgroup versions which may help, which you can see here:
http://www.dvctraining.co.uk/edius/e...ius-workgroup/

If you are not doing broadcast work the biggest things you would miss buying the Pro version is the ability to drop the quality of playback for better performance and the ability to see an output on your Blackmagic/Aja card in projects which it does not support. Most of the other stuff you would not need.

As Anton said the other thing is that the Workgroup version does not need to go on the internet every month and the Pro version does. If your machine is on the internet most of the time this is not a problem.

Audio monitoring mode is something that was added into EDIUS 7 towards the end of its life and is useful but you probably don't even know it is there.
Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10
David Clarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 01:16 PM   #9
James48

I wrote and explanation of the differences between the Pro and Workgroup versions which may help, which you can see here:
http://www.dvctraining.co.uk/edius/e...ius-workgroup/

Thank you, I'm curious if Edius Pro 9 will be an improvement for me. :)

If upgrading from EDIUS Pro 7 to EDIUS Pro 9 you may notice a couple of features have been removed

Loudness monitoring -EDIUS will play the timeline and tell you where it does not meet certain loudness standards.

I hope the Audio Mixer is still on board...

James48

Last edited by James48; 05-19-2019 at 04:21 PM.

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS