Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Integrated Production & Playout > GV Edge

Old 08-19-2014, 08:05 PM   #1
hseok

Default Live Feed

Hello,

This is my first post but have been working with K2Edge(Nexus) and Composer(Director) since 2011.

I've created a template and added the "Live" object, deleted the "Main Player Command" (do not want the clip to be set as the main player).

1. The Action is set to "Play"
2. Source is set to "SDI 2"
3. The SDI cable is connected to IO3 on the K2Edge Server with a live feed.

Live Player object is on top of the Stage and the playback statistic shows 1 for the Live Player object but nothing is displayed.

A third party company maintains the K2Edge and broadcast/monitors the feed for us. I want to make sure it's not a channel pack issue. I believe it's an issue with the settings/setup with the K2Edge.

Thanks,

Jay
hseok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 08:48 AM   #2
GrassValley_RV
Grass Valley

Hi Jay,

Your template looks correct.

Please check that the Live object is indeed the topmost object in the Objects window. You can check this by disabling the Template Filter in the Object window; this will show the position of the Live object in the whole scene graph, not just relative to the objects used on the selected Template. It might be that another object (that is put on screen by another template) obscures the live object.

It might also be that the Live object is unable to open the SDI port. This should be apparent in the K2Edge's log file (/var/log/nexos).

Regards,
Roy
GrassValley_RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 04:54 PM   #3
hseok

Hi Roy,

I should of been more clearer. The Live object is the topmost object in the Object window.

After reading the K2Edge Manual, I believe the cause of the issue is the SDI cable is attached to an output instead of an input on the K2Edge. I asked the third party company who maintains the SD K2Edge to look at the IP Manager and to tell me if it's on Preset 1, Preset 2, or a Custom Preset.

The third party company opened a ticket with GV support and waiting on their response.

Thanks,

Jay
hseok is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Integrated Production & Playout > GV Edge