Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > MYNC

Old 09-19-2016, 07:20 PM   #1
DaveL

Default Browser not recognizing "My Pics" folder correctly

My GV Browser does not recognize my "My Pics" folder correctly.

It recognizes all my other media folders fine, but for "my pics" folder, it shows an icon that looks sorta like the USB icon (not a folder icon), and it does not recognize any subfolders.

It looks like it's recognizing that folder as an external device or something, but if so I don't know why.

It will see the pics in the root of that folder, but won't recognize any in the subfolders.

I've tried creating a new folder and copying subfolder over - same thing. But if I create a new folder and only copy a few subfolders over, then it works. Weird.

Anyone know what's happening? Folder properties maybe - if so which one?
Thanks
Old 09-21-2016, 04:16 PM   #2
DaveL

I sorted it out. The "My Pics" directory (folder) had a folder in it labeled "DCIM." When that folder name is there, GVB will only show what is in the path of the DCIM folder. I believe this is because the GVB assumes it has a camera device connected (hence the USB like icon for that folder) and it only shows the images in that folder, ignoring all other folders/pics at that folder level.
Thanks to Gaijin-Eyes for his GVB tutorials. His clue at the end of the 1st tutorial put me on the right path.

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > MYNC