Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 04-16-2019, 10:47 PM   #1
DaveL

Default Is there a way to extend layouter presets into transitions

I want to have a user preset to do a slow zoom into a clip (using 4K clip and zooming into the HD size).
1) I've tried doing this with layouter, but those keyframes are set in time and so won't adjust to the length of the clip.
Is there another way to do this that will adjust to the clip length?

2) Also, if I apply transitions on each end of clip, is there a way to keep the zoom going through the transition?

Thanks
Old 04-17-2019, 01:19 AM   #2
antonsvideo

yes, you need to work the other way around

add transition first, then you can set the keyframes right at the start of the transition in the clip and right at the end of the transition, in the overlap area so to speak

in other words, uninterrupted zoom

EDIUS 9 WG with Matrox MXO2, Asrock X99 Extreme 6, Intel Core i7 5960X Extreme Haswell-E 8-Core, Corsair Water Cooling, Nvidia Geforce GTX-980, Samsung 860 Pro SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 3 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Fractal Design Arc XL Tower, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win7 Pro
antonsvideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 10:13 AM   #3
David Clarke

The layouter will always keep the keyframes stuck in time, so if you save a preset that has a zoom that stops at 5 seconds it will always take 5 seconds no matter how long the clip is on which you put it.

If you use a GPU transform effect you can set a zoom preset which will scale the keyframes to fit the clip, but you can't put on a cross fade.

If you have Vitascene 3 then you can set up a zoom with that and make a preset and the keyframes do scale to fit the clip, and you can add a cross fade. Vitascene 3LE has been coming free with EDIUS 9 in Europe for several months so you may have that. I never really use Vitascene for scaling so I don't know if the quality of scaling is as good as the layouter.
Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10
David Clarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 07:31 PM   #4
DaveL

Thank you both. Great information to chew on.

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS