Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 01-25-2017, 06:50 AM   #1
douggoss

Default How do I deactivate Edius 8 from my PC

Here is the background. Or you can skip this and go to my question at the bottom
On 1/22 I contacted support with this message:
I am attempting to use your software Edius Pro 8 on the 31 day trial basis. I installed the product on my desktop pc and entered the required registration code. I then got the message "Cannot use this CPU" My CPU is an AMD Phenom II x6 1090T which runs at 3.2 GHz. Your requirements state the CPU must be Intel or AMD single core CPU with a 3 GHz processor speed or faster - which the AMD Phenom is.

I was told by support to find out this information in the customer forums where I discovered that even though my CPU was within the specs posted, it would not run Edius 8

I then installed Edius 8 on my Dell XPS laptop which uses an Intel Core i7-6700HQ processor. It installed but I then got this error message
Failed to activate the license with the entered serial number. Error code:
4120.0.1D4FE.C4.
From Ediusworld Support FAQ I see that code 4120 means all licenses already activated.

So, I am assuming that, like Adobe, I need to deactivate the trial copy of Edius 8 on my PC so that I have it available to activate on my laptop.

Here is the question
So, how do I go about deactivating the software? I have gone to the License Manager where I see Edius Pro 8 with 29 days remaining.
I also have access to 3 icons at the top (there are 9 icons across the top and a drop down menu: icon icon | icon icon | icon icon | icon | icon icon | dropdown
Online Activation
No access (greyed out)

Online Activation create id file
Online Activation register activation file

No access
No access

No access

No access
No access

Dropdown: has two options: Show License Expiration Warning and Admin Password

I do not see anywhere to deactivate - if this is what I have to do in order to let the software run on my laptop.

Thanks in advance for the help!! I am new to this whole video editing thing - my background is in still photography - but I am trying to help our church with video. And I would really like to avioid Adobe PP - already have one monthly bill from them with Lightroom and Photoshop. So I am hoping Edius is a good replacement. But cannot tell thusfar - have not been able to try it and my trial clock is ticking....
douggoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 02:16 PM   #2
Jerry

You should get a panel like this one:
Deactivation.png

First, right click on the Product(Edius 8) and the options should come up.
Choose your options.

You can also try going here:
http://activation1.grassvalley.com/f...ortal/logon.do
If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, 4790K@4.7Ghz, 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
Both systems on Gigabit network
Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, 980x@3.74, Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Last edited by Jerry; 01-25-2017 at 02:37 PM.
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 06:53 PM   #3
douggoss

I do have the attachment but the only options I have available are:
Offline Deactivation
Offline Repair

Online Deactivation and Online Repair show but are grayed out and not available.

I then tried going to the link you provided. After logging in with the serial number I got this message:
"No activatable line items with any copies left are found. Please go to Advanced Search and search for any line items that have 0 copies left."
I then clicked on Manage Licenses at the top lefthand side and the license showed up there but the only two options there are: Manual Return and Manual Repair.

Where do I go from here?
Thanks again for the help!
Old 01-25-2017, 07:25 PM   #4
GrassValley_SL

You can do an offline actvation. The procedure is explained in the EDIUS manual.

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support
GrassValley_SL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 08:07 PM   #5
douggoss

I do not want to activate - apparently I need to DEactivate the copy on my desktop (which would not work with my CPU) in order to activate the trial copy on my laptop.

According to the manual the first button on the License Manager should be Online Deactivation - which does not appear for me.
What does appear in the License List and are available to click (not gray) are:
Offline Activation - Offline Activation Create ID File - Offline Activation Registar Activation File
When I right click on Edius Pro 8 Trial I have only the following two options (not gray):
Offline Deactivation - which when clicked shows the same two options as the buttons do: Create ID file and Register Activation File but they are unavailable in gray
The other option when right clicking is Offline Repair

So I cannot do an online or offline deactivation. And I would assume just uninstalling the program from my desktop would still leave the issue of the software still being activated (at least this is how Adobe works)
Old 01-25-2017, 09:20 PM   #6
Adbear

With regards to the AMD processor. It also says the CPU has to support SSSE3 which the Phenom II X6 doesn't support.

Also I thought the trial version could only be activated once, and once it's activated you couldn't deactivate it as it's a trial not a full version
Old 01-26-2017, 12:11 AM   #7
Bluetongue

If I read your first question correctly you are using the TRIAL version
There is no deactivation on the trial version, you can use it on as many computers as you like for 30 days, if I understand correctly

After the 30 days you need to buy the full version which has the deactivation
Correct me if I am wrong please

Regards Barry

https://vimeo.com/user2157719/videos
Laptop ASUS G752VT-GC060T Win 10HP, Edius WG8.53 Samsung M2 SSD 256G+1Tb HD,
Bluetongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 12:13 AM   #8
GrassValley_SL

Correct. My mistake. :)

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support
GrassValley_SL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 06:38 AM   #9
douggoss

So I called support and got the answer, which I might have done in the first place had I not emailed them for an answer and been directed to this forum.

Anyhow, Abraham answered my call on the first try and I was told this:
My license had been activated on 1/22 and could only be used one time.
***NOTE: make sure your system will work with EDIUS 8 prior to installing***
There is NO option to deactivate a trial version. One copy for 30 days only.

In order for me to still trial the software he recommended two options:
1. install the Workgroup version trial which has more features, settings, etc...
2. Create a new Edius ID by using a different email address, then download the software to my laptop and use the new serial provided with the new Edius ID.
I am in the process of doing this now.

He also recommended turning off and AV and Firewall while installing.

I also mentioned removing the version of Edius 8 on my pc since it could not be used and he recommended deleting every file but did not elaborate on this process.
Old 01-26-2017, 10:59 AM   #10
David Clarke

I am not sure you can use the trial on many machines inside the 30 days. I thought it was tied to just one. After the 30 days you can't use it at all or get another trial serial in the same EDIUS ID.
Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10
David Clarke is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS