Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 03-06-2014, 09:43 PM   #1
JayO

Default Audio distorts and crackles while using the Audio Mixer

Hi, so I recently started adjusting audio levels in Edius 6.07 but Iím having issues with sound distortion during the process. When I pull up the Audio Mixer window and play a clip with all the track operation switches set to ďOffĒ, sound plays out clean. As soon as I activate any of the operation modes in the mixer, the buffer bar drops to 5 and the audio plays out with a slight distortion and crackle. This happens no matter what file type I am editing and itís preventing me from properly adjusting audio levels in real time.

I read in a similar thread that the buffer dropping to 5 is normal during real time adjusting, but I am curious if audio distortion is supposed to be occurring as well. Iím running Windows 7 Enterprise on an Intel Core i7-2860QM quad-core @ 2.50ghz with 8GB of RAM. Perhaps these specs arenít fast enough to handle real time audio adjustments?

I realize I can just edit each tracks level manually in non-real time, but it would be very helpful and timesaving to hear clean sound and view peak meters while making changes. Any info or advice is greatly appreciated, and if there are any alternative methods to both monitoring and adjusting audio levels in real time, thatíd be good to know too.

Thanks,
JayO
JayO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 12:30 AM   #2
GrassValley_SL

Disable the video filters you use.. Or render the Video to a new track with the effects baked in so you can do your adjustments with the audio mixer.

The buffer drop is normal and is done for accuracy.

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support
GrassValley_SL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 01:29 AM   #3
GrassValley_PS

Are you just using OHCI?
Main System: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512GB , GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, Corsair AX1200i PS, Phanteks Luxe Case, 16TB RAID (4)HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB, Corsair H115i CPU Cooler, AJA Kona 4, BMD Intensity Pro 4K, Win 10
GrassValley_PS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 02:11 AM   #4
JayO

You'll have to forgive me, but is OHCI referring to a capture port on a card? I'm not capturing or exporting any footage, these are just various mp4/avi/wmv video clips imported from my hard drive and then edited on the timeline.

Also, I don't have video or audio effects/filters activated on any clips. I drag them onto the timeline, open up the Audio Mixer, start playing the clip, and then attempt to adjust the audio.

I've tried rendering the whole timeline just to be sure, but to no avail.
JayO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:57 AM   #5
GrassValley_PS

In other words are you just using software or do you have a GV card for output.
Main System: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512GB , GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, Corsair AX1200i PS, Phanteks Luxe Case, 16TB RAID (4)HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB, Corsair H115i CPU Cooler, AJA Kona 4, BMD Intensity Pro 4K, Win 10
GrassValley_PS is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS