Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 01:01 PM   #1
zvit

Default Search for offline clips in bin

This might be a simple question. If not, I will put it in the requests section. I'm using EDIUS 6.

I need to be able to find all the offline clips in my bin and sequences in order to DELETE them. NOT to relink them. I can't find a way to do this. In After Effects, you can type in the search line the word "missing" and all the offline clips will be visible.

In the restore offline clips windows, it just shows the number of references to each offline clip but it doesn't tell me which sequence or bin folder it is in.

In the SEARCH option of the folder bins, there is no option to search for offline clips.

The reason I need this is because I'm trying to consolidate my project to an external drive but because I have some offline clips in my project, it won't allow me to consolidate.

Any suggestions?
Gigabyte Z77X-UP4 TH, Intel Core i7 3770k 3.5GHz, 4 Core, 8 Threads, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB, 500GB SSD HDD for OS, 20 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity, Window 10 PRO 64-bit Edius 9.5 WORKSTATION...
Old 03-19-2011, 04:22 PM   #2
GrassValley_SL

Did you select no restoration? Because then it should ignore the offline files and continue.

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support
Old 03-19-2011, 05:04 PM   #3
zvit

There is no "no restoration" option. The closest to that is "Do Nothing". So I choose "do nothing" in the restoration window but it still won't let me consolidate. Also, choosing "do nothing" in the restoration window does nothing.

Beside the consolidate problem, I still think that there should be a way to search for offline clips in the bin, or the ability to get to them in the bin or timeline from the restoration window.
Gigabyte Z77X-UP4 TH, Intel Core i7 3770k 3.5GHz, 4 Core, 8 Threads, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB, 500GB SSD HDD for OS, 20 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity, Window 10 PRO 64-bit Edius 9.5 WORKSTATION...
Old 03-19-2011, 05:07 PM   #4
GrassValley_SL

I just tried an it worked .

When you get the message there are offline clips found open restoration dialog choose no.
Not in the restoration window. In the message box before.

There is away do the search in the bin ones I am back in the office I will tell you how.

Old 03-19-2011, 05:12 PM   #5
zvit

This is all I got.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (20.0 KB, 27 views)
Old 03-19-2011, 07:54 PM   #6
GrassValley_SL

This is the dialog box I am seeing. Please take a look at the attachment.

On the search in the bin do a search -> Hires and proxy-> has no Hires (attachment search 1)
This will bring up all offline files but will include sequences.
It is actually very easy to see the difference but if it is to difficult you can narrow down the results by adding search operators.

Same as above search -> Hires and proxy-> has no Hires

Then do a search within that folder for:

clip type select video (and)
Audio (or)
(attachment search 2)
This will show all video and Audio clips which are offline

You can add or remove operators as needed.

If you are working with Proxies it is a bit different but since I showed you how I think you will get how to filter results in is not that difficult. :)
Attached Images
File Type: png no.png (24.1 KB, 40 views)
File Type: png search 1.png (134.4 KB, 45 views)
File Type: png search2.png (125.5 KB, 40 views)

Last edited by GrassValley_SL; 03-19-2011 at 08:56 PM.
Old 03-20-2011, 07:29 PM   #7
zvit

Thank you for your response but you didn't understand me.

Of course I know to click the "no restoration" option if I don't want to deal with offline files. But I DO want to deal with them. I WANT to find them.

The search options that you posted didn't help. It found a combination of online AND offline files, and not all the offline files. All I need is to be able to see ALL offline files in my project WITH the timelines that they are in (or bin folders).
Old 03-20-2011, 11:55 PM   #8
SRsupport
Grass Cutter Gold

You can see all the offline files just tell EDIUS what to look for and what to exclude. Be mindful of and/or
It is really simple. If you you try and look at the search operators. I have done this lots of times and many people I have shown the basics made the effort to try it.

The restore dialog gives you the opportunity to restore all files.
That would make a bin search not necessary.

You want to over complicate things as it seems. ( I coud be wrong)
Example even if a clips has 100000000000 references in the project. If you restore the file all 100000000000 references will be relinked will be relinked because they all point to that one file.

I don't get what you want in your first post you said you want to delete them right?

This is really simple to do with the example and you can add or exclude what you want.
For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Last edited by SRsupport; 03-21-2011 at 12:28 AM.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:48 AM   #9
zvit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRsupport View Post
You can see all the offline files just tell EDIUS what to look for and what to exclude. If you you try and look at the search operators. I have done this lots of times and many people I have shown the basics made the effort to try it.
In the search, there are at least 20 options. None are just "ANY AND ONLY OFFLINE files". So I would have to search at least 20 times, with and without AND\OR, and then scroll through hundreds of results to look for the offline ones? Does this seem like I'M making things complicated?

Quote:
The restore dialog gives you the opportunity to restore all files. That would make a bin search not necessary.
I don't want to restore. I want to consolidate my project and it won't let me if there are offline files in my project (I have many scattered all over). I don't need these offline files and want to rid of them from my project. That's why I need to find ALL offline files, no matter where there are and what they referring to.

Quote:
You want to over complicate things as it seems. ( I coud be wrong)
Sorry, but in this case you are wrong.

Quote:
This is really simple to do with the example and you can add or exclude what you want.
Like I said, it's not simple. I don't want to add or exclude anything. I only need to find one thing. ALL offline files. I don't need OR, AND, options of video, audio, clip name, proxy.... and all the other 20 or more search options. I just need to find and rid of ALL and ANY OFFLINE files.

I hope I was just unclear before and now I explained myself better.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:09 AM   #10
SRsupport
Grass Cutter Gold

Let me just say if you add the operators in step 2 you are done in one go.
You make an elephant out a mosquito.

I don't want to loose my time going in an endless discussion. If you want you can try step 2 with adding the search operators at that point. You don't have to do it 20 times.

Take a step back and see that you can achieve what you want with the current available tools.
That is the motto. Don't think that because there is no button to do it you cannot achieve it. That's what I am trying to show you.

If you try it you will see that it is very very easy.You can consolidate with offline files that was shown to .

One post you say you don't want to restore them when you are given the procedure how to then you say you want to deal with them.
For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Last edited by SRsupport; 03-21-2011 at 05:53 AM.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS