Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 06-25-2007, 11:02 AM   #1
Mark Taylor

Default Mono sound to stereo

I have been trying to change a mono voice over from mono to Stereo, but I have failed miserable any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Mark Taylor
Old 06-25-2007, 12:10 PM   #2
wkoecker

Hi!

Use the small A beside an audiotrack and select it to Mono-1. When you put in your Mono-Clip (VA) Audio is placed the selected track. When you start playback or export the audio is stereo-mixed-output.
wkoecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 12:15 PM   #3
Mark Taylor

The sound from the camera which is stereo plays in stereo but the voice over which was recorded using a mono mic is mono and i am trying to turn this mono into stereo.

I will try the small A route.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:27 PM   #4
Geoff

A voice over can only be mono unless some method has been devised to give us two mouths! What you need to do is to place the mono within an acoustic environment using a reverberation plug in that allows you to have a mono in to stereo out eg Wave RVerb. Otherwise just route your mono v/o to both the left and right tracks and live without the environment.

Geoff
Geoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 12:27 PM   #5
antonsvideo

right click clip, properties, audio tab, set mono1 or mono2 (depending on which channels holds the VO and then click OK

done, now it is stereo

EDIUS 9 WG with Matrox MXO2, Asrock X99 Extreme 6, Intel Core i7 5960X Extreme Haswell-E 8-Core, Corsair Water Cooling, Nvidia Geforce GTX-980, Samsung 860 Pro SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 3 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Fractal Design Arc XL Tower, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win7 Pro
antonsvideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 01:38 PM   #6
Mark Taylor

Thanks for the help, all sorted

Mark
Old 06-25-2007, 03:40 PM   #7
COMPLETE VIDEO IMAGE

Default Mono to Stereo

To get a mono track to left & right speakers for one particular clip only, right click on audio clip, go to properties. On the pull down menu go to audio info, then chose the channel you want to duplicate. This will give you right and left outputs on that clip.

Ted
COMPLETE VIDEO IMAGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 07:51 PM   #8
RonnieMartin

I frequently do the same thing that Ted recommends. I shoot dirt racing video. I use a remote wireless mic on the announcer and the on camera shotgun for the motor sound of the cars on the track. This puts the audio on two separate channels.

After placing the video clip on the main video time line I right click the clip copy and paste it on the audio track just below it. Then I go back to the video clip hit alt enter, go to audio properties and click channel 2 mono. I do the same thing for the audio clip and click channel 1. After bringing up the wave form I can adjust the volume (mix) of each audio source. This gives me control over the audio in post. After the project is finished and before encoding with procoder I export a wave file and take it into Audition for normalization.

Then I mute all the other audio and sync it up with the video. I know this is probably not the easy way to do it but it works for me.

"Sometimes even a blind hog finds an acorn."

Ronnie Martin
www.dirtracingvideo.com
RonnieMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 07:04 PM   #9
richvideo

Default psp audio vst plug in

a good plug in is psp audio software (its a vst) I asked the same question on the old forum and it very cheap and does a great job of making mono into stereo

the one you need is PSP StereoPack 1.8

http://www.pspaudioware.com/indexen.html

Dave
richvideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 07:45 PM   #10
GrassValley_BH
Demystifier/Analogizer

There are a number of ways you can handle this... The PanPot&Balance Audio Filter is one of them (you can raise/lower L/R and pan them L/R, also adjust overall balance) and is my preferred method for "fixed" (non-dynamic) changes to an audio clip.
GrassValley_BH is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS