Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Converters > FIRECODER Blu & Pegasus

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-02-2008, 11:39 AM   #1
TrackRanger

Default Capture Settings for best resolution screen capture?

I purchased a Pegasus card because the Twinpact resolution was so bad. I want to capture graphics data from a monitor into a HD format suitable for use in Edius (PAL output). The data content will be in the form of graphs and charts etc, so good resolution is imperative.

I've purchased a Gigabyte GeoForce 9800 GX2 graphics card, to run in the display computer because it has native HDMI.

Pegasus was introduced to overcome the limitations of the Twinpact, so I'm sure there must be a suitable setup. But no matter what I've tried, the captured screen data is lousy, completely unusable.

Could anybody suggest what the settings I should use for good High Resolution capture. i.e. what should my video screen resolution be set to, and what should my Pegasus be set to?

TIA
Intel Quad Core Extreme 3GHz/12M, 4Gb RAM, 2Tb Hot-swap (ARAID), NVIDIA GeoForce 8800 GTS, Edius Broadcast 4.61 / Edius 5.5, Procoder 3, DVDit Pro HD, Sonicfire Pro 5, Mercalli, Vitascene, Adorage. TwinPact 100, Pegasus, TMPro. VirtualDub

Last edited by TrackRanger; 07-02-2008 at 03:34 PM.
TrackRanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Converters > FIRECODER Blu & Pegasus