Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Converters > FIRECODER Blu & Pegasus

Old 06-05-2008, 03:28 AM   #1
GrassValley_AS
Grass Valley

Default To Pegasus users: how do you use your Pegasus board?

In past postings, I have introduced several ways in which the Pegasus board can be used, as well as actual situations in which the Pegasus board is being used, here in Japan.

For example, here is Japan, on the consumer level, many people are using the Pegasus board to capture and creative Hi-res game play videos from PS3s and XBOX 360s to Nintendo Wii and even PCs. This is especially true in cases where the game play is realtime (i.e. network battles, MMORPG, etc...), and game play can not be recorded from within the game.

Another use in the consumer arena is using the Pegasus board to capture HDMI images from AVCHD cameras. Now I know there are many opinions about this, which I will not go into here, but all in all, Pegasus' HDMI capture ability can be very helpful in capturing and editing AVCHD content from cameras, especially with unique containers (for those who don't know, not all AVCHD files are alike, and though they all use the same H.264+AAC file, subtle differences in file structures can cause a file to not be played/edited). Pegasus' HDMI capture capabilities help bypass this problem.

On the professional level, Pegasus is being used in the Game market (both development and promotion) to capture full resolution images and video for developers and trade magazines. In other areas, Pegasus is also used to capture screen images from HDMI sources, for creating manuals and reference material for HD digital and digital video cameras, HD plasma and LCD panels, etc...

For those who have already purchased the Pegasus board, what interesting uses have you found for it?
GrassValley_AS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 02:31 PM   #2
istvan

Hi, I use the Pegasus with an AJA HI5 to capture the SDI-Signal of a DVCPRO tape deck via HDMI.
istvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 08:38 AM   #3
Zorro

Imho it is a shame that I can't use the Pegasus within Edius.
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 10:48 AM   #4
staffel

Highresolution capturing from HD DVD and BR. Play it with a software player on PC and capture the RGB-signal in highres. Sadly it is limited to 1280x1024. Use Procoder3 and crop to 1280x720.

And as there is no copyprotection on RGB you do not kill any copyprotection and it seems to be legal. It's only analog copy but in good quality for archive and network-mediaplayer.
staffel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 11:08 AM   #5
staffel

Another usage is to record streaming media. Here in Germany we have some movies in http://www.zdf.de/ZDFmediathek/conte...2?inPopup=true
That movies can't be recorded by QuicktimePro or RealPlayer. That content can be recorded as screen-capturing by DVI.
staffel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 03:34 PM   #6
GrassValley_KH
Mr Sparkle

Fyi, unauthorised duplication of explicitly copyrighted material, is a violation of those copyright terms, no matter how it is achieved.
GrassValley_KH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 05:31 AM   #7
Magnetro

I use the Pegasus capture card to make combovideos for a video game. At the moment, only someone in Japan and I use the card to make videos for Marvel vs. Capcom 2. I wrote a quick review for the Pegasus card, the page is http://magnetro.com/pegasus.html The review is mainly geared towards the small community of us that make videos for old and new fighting games.

Our use for the Pegasus is similar to what the OP posted. However, we use Sega Dreamcast to capture.

Last edited by Magnetro; 04-13-2009 at 06:03 AM.
Magnetro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 07:47 AM   #8
Spready

Default Proprietary Digital CCTV Capture

Recently purchased the card to capture Digital CCTV Video for inclusion into Video DVD Compilations for Court and evidential use.
My only gripe (as can be seen from some of my threads) is that when installed into the same PC as another capture card (in my case an NX Express), You can only preview the audio through one of them as there is no way to plug both audio cables into the the motherboard. As its is not possible to use both cards at the same time, a 2 to 1 cable would work but no-one seems to make them....yet!
David

Update:
Now installed a soundcard with 2 aux in's. Everything now fully working as it should.

Last edited by Spready; 11-01-2009 at 11:51 AM.
Spready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 08:46 PM   #9
Sebastian

Default Recording opera performance

Hi
I am working at the Royal theater in Copenhagen,
for the moment I am working on getting a good tapeless
HD workflow.

So I have build 2 pegasus machines around a shuttle D10 cabinet
with buildin touch screen and 2 terabyte harddrives.

The Pegasus card has been recording many performances without
problems.

Sebastian
Sebastian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 03:53 PM   #10
Magnetro

My friend and I did this project: http://magnetro.com/dvd/ we captured everything with the Pegasus. He then turned it into a DVD (30p).
Magnetro is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Converters > FIRECODER Blu & Pegasus