Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Converters > ProCoder

Old 10-16-2007, 05:35 AM   #1
lalittle

Default Video Filter "Original" video is black in "Target" area / "Large Preview" not working

I'm seeing some odd bugs with the Video Filter "preview" displays in PC3 that are different depending on whether I'm looking at the "Source" vs the "Target" sections of PC3.

When I look at the "Video Filter" display in the Source area, I see the "Original" video on the left, and if I add an effect, I see the "Result" comparison on the right. I can move the slider back and forth through the movie. So far so good. If I pick the "Large Preview" button to bring up the separate preview window, however, I just get a black screen for both "Original" and "Result" windows. When I try to scroll the video in this window, it just pops from the far left to the far right -- i.e. I cannot move the slider to anywhere in between the two far ends of the timeline. It's as if the movie is only two frames long and completely black.

In other words, in the Source section, the "Large Preview" window does not work, but the "normal" preview does.

Moving to the "Target" window, if I bring up the "Video Filter" display in THIS section of PC3, I get different results. In this case, the "Original" window ALWAYS remains completely black even though I do see video in the "Result" window. It seems to correctly apply the filter and I can scroll the video, but I can't see the "before and after" views since only the "after" displays. As with the Source section, the "Large Preview" simply does not work here either -- it just shows two black windows and the timeline slider jumps from one end of the movie to the other.

The thing that strikes me is that even though the "Source" and "Target" Video Filter sections of PC3 look the same, only the "Target" section has the problem with the "Original" video not displaying. Why would the results be any different in these two areas of PC3?

I tried playing with the Quicktime "DirectX" setting (I tried "Safe Mode"), as well as with the PC3 "overlay" setting. Neither of these has any effect on this issue.

Thanks for any help with this,

Larry
lalittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 09:04 AM   #2
antonsvideo

works fine here no matter how large I make the large preview

using QT7 and using geforce FX5700 AGP card

some graphics cards will not show overlay on secondary monitor

EDIUS 9 WG with Matrox MXO2, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 870 Pro NVMe M.2 for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro
antonsvideo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 12:18 PM   #3
lalittle

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonsvideo View Post
works fine here no matter how large I make the large preview

using QT7 and using geforce FX5700 AGP card

some graphics cards will not show overlay on secondary monitor
I'm not looking on a secondary monitor -- I have the graphics set to "single display" at the moment.

What nvidia drivers are you using?

Thanks,

Larry
lalittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 02:30 PM   #4
antonsvideo

I am using an older one 61.77 because it gives me realtime Xplode transitions

EDIUS 9 WG with Matrox MXO2, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 870 Pro NVMe M.2 for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro
antonsvideo is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Converters > ProCoder