Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-15-2008, 10:40 AM   #1
TrackRanger

Default Best Resolutions with Screen Capture?

I have some software that creates graphs and text tables.

I have been trying (unsuccessfully) to get these to display with some semblance of quality in an output video. I first purchased Twinpact 100 but the quality was so poor, that I ended up aiming my camera at the monitor screen and capturing that way. The results were better, but far from acceptable. I then purchased Pegasus. Set it to capture RGB (at various resolutions). Capture results are OK, but post processing is giving me some issues with losing quality.

Does anybody have any recommended settings for capturing graph and text data from an RGB input that gives good quality output (HD and / or SD)?

Thanks
Trevor
Intel Quad Core Extreme 3GHz/12M, 4Gb RAM, 2Tb Hot-swap (ARAID), NVIDIA GeoForce 8800 GTS, Edius Broadcast 4.61 / Edius 5.5, Procoder 3, DVDit Pro HD, Sonicfire Pro 5, Mercalli, Vitascene, Adorage. TwinPact 100, Pegasus, TMPro. VirtualDub
TrackRanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS