Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 08-02-2012, 12:30 PM   #1
Cohort

Default from Avid Media Composer to new Edius 6.5?

Good to see Grassvalley pushing ahead with a new version of Edius, I have been watching this software for sometime now, it is all most perfect but one of the only reasons why I have not purchased it is because of the Trim editing *I really wish grassvalley would enhance the trim editing* Media Composer can not be beaten in its trim editing mode, even good old Pinnacle Edition/Liquid way back in its earliest versions had Trim editing very similar to Media Composer.

The things I love about Edius are many, ie Proxy Mode, General Lightning Speed, Format Support, 2K 4K, Procoder Encoder, and many more!.....
all that is missing is the Trim Editing Mode please enhance it! similar to MC/Edition it is the only thing that needs work the rest of the app is golden!

Cheers
Cohort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:21 PM   #2
GrassValley_SL

I am curious what is missing in the trim EDITING mode?
The reason I asked this is that most AVID editors who have had proper EDIUS training don't seem to miss any trim functions.

Also remember that you don't need to go in to any trim editing mode to do actually editing in EDIUS. Everything can be done right on the timeline with key combination or mouse or a combination of those two.

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support

Last edited by GrassValley_SL; 08-02-2012 at 01:49 PM.
GrassValley_SL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 04:48 PM   #3
maxmi

It is true GrassValley_SL. But the way of working, around the trim, is better in avid.
maxmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:49 PM   #4
frenshprince

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmi View Post
It is true GrassValley_SL. But the way of working, around the trim, is better in avid.
I totally disagree.
I gues you don't know how many wonderful shortcuts Edius has to do trim.
frenshprince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:26 AM   #5
GrassValley_PS

Having used both, I totally disagree. I think the trimming is faster in Edius. I agree with Steve on two points;
1. EVERY person that I have personally seen that said that, changed their mind when they had proper training on how/what to use trim.
2. There is no reason to enter Trim mode. I actually think it is obsolete. You can do all of the trimming straight in the timeline. No extra menus or modes.
GrassValley_PS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:50 AM   #6
antonsvideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cohort View Post
Good to see Grassvalley pushing ahead with a new version of Edius, I have been watching this software for sometime now, it is all most perfect but one of the only reasons why I have not purchased it is because of the Trim editing *I really wish grassvalley would enhance the trim editing* Media Composer can not be beaten in its trim editing mode, even good old Pinnacle Edition/Liquid way back in its earliest versions had Trim editing very similar to Media Composer.

The things I love about Edius are many, ie Proxy Mode, General Lightning Speed, Format Support, 2K 4K, Procoder Encoder, and many more!.....
all that is missing is the Trim Editing Mode please enhance it! similar to MC/Edition it is the only thing that needs work the rest of the app is golden!

Cheers
http://www.videoproductions.com.au/h...shortcuts.html

EDIUS 9 WG with Matrox MXO2, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 870 Pro NVMe M.2 for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro
antonsvideo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:53 AM   #7
GrassValley_SL

I agree with Pat. No need to use trim mode.

Well I asked what was missing and am still waiting for an answer.

I know some will say that it is not objeive because 2 trainers say the same thing.
But believe may trimming in EDIUS is easy.

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support
GrassValley_SL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:36 AM   #8
Cohort

can someone put up some documentation or a tutorial video on trim editing, I will have a look at it, in answer to your question working around the Trim in MC just feels better, & more fluid, & I'm not a long time user of MC either, and in terms of going in a 'mode' all it takes is one hit of a key.....also I found the changing of custom keyboard settings a bit strange too, ie meaning/names of functions etc.
Old 08-03-2012, 03:06 AM   #9
GrassValley_PS

I just did a demo today for a Station that is considering switching from Avid. I ran through a quick section of proper trimming and they all agreed that it was quicker.
GrassValley_PS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 03:12 AM   #10
Cohort

So you guys keep saying....show me then!

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS