Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 12-19-2007, 08:14 PM   #1
PaulTV

Default AAF Export Audio

I wonder if anyone can confirm this. If I export an AAF file, using the " copy audio files to PCM Wave or AIFF" function, I am getting mono wav and aiff files, despite the material on the timeline being stereo. In the Help section of Edius it states: " unchecked "enable pan setting" will cause the audio files to be mixed to mono."

So if I check the "enable pan setting" I get 2 files for each stereo source file, but they are both identical mono, and if panned left and right still produce a mono signal.

I'm testing this in Vegas Pro8, the AAF opens fine, its just that the audio files are reported as mono - which they are.

Can anyone running AECS3 and using AAF export verify or deny this also happens in After Effects? and or can anyone with Vegas try this out as well.

The point of all this is to do some audio sweetening in Vegas as the VST support is good, as is the sample level audio editing, so transfer the complete edit to Vegas via AAF and tweak the sound.

I hope this makes sense to someone!

Thanks

Paul

and a Very Merry Christmas to all.

System 1: Edius 7.5 Asus X79 4930K 6 core @4.4GHz Water Cooled. 480GB REVO3x2 System drive, 4TB Raid 0, 4 TB E-Sata Raid 5, 32GB RAM, GTX1070Ti Decklink HD Extreme. 3X Sony AX53 Sony AX700

http://indiestereographer.blogspot.co.uk
PaulTV is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS