Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 07-26-2013, 06:38 PM   #1
tom777

Default Edius 7 Pro Error code 15.0.0 help please

Help Please,

I installed the Edius & trial on Wed 24\Julu\2013 but i had a few problems with it crashing so,
I decided I would do a clean install of win7 64 bit, all updates installed,
No antvirus running, no firewall running, so I have just finished the above.
Installed Edius 7 Pro about one hour ago now today the 26\July now I get error code 15.0.0 can someone help me to get his trial working Please, I donít know were to go from here,
My system info:

Asus mobo P6X58D, 12GB RAM, NVIDA GEFORCE GTX 560Ti, i7 cpu 950 @3.07GHz, wd 600Gig sata 600- 10000rpm c\drive, 32MB Cache
i7 cpu 950 @3.07GHz, wd 600Gig sata 600- 10000rpm c\drive, 32MB Cache, Plus other 3 harddrives 466GB IS E\DRIVE, 596GB IS D\DRIVE, 932GB IS G\DRIVE.

Iím a 30yr old trapped in a 62yr old body
tom777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 07:54 PM   #2
tom777

Default Just spent a day format my c:\drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by More4K View Post
Edius protection leaves info in HDD boot sectors and sometimes it goes wrong. You need to do low level formatting or re-writing MBR in your HDD.
Try contacting GV- they may have some easier solution.
Hi there More4K: Just spent a day format my c:\drive and getting updates
which is a hassle when I only have a 2.5meg download it takes all day.

If the drive has been formatted twice in the past two days. I don't think low level formatting will help, have you any other suggestions, thanks for the help and advise,
can anyone else chime in what about Anton can you help me get this trial working all help greatly appreciated Thanks
is there a Edius utility for cleaning out your P.C. after the trial has been installed, just tried installing again same error code, looks like there will be no trial for me then

Last edited by tom777; 07-26-2013 at 08:20 PM. Reason: want to add
Old 07-26-2013, 08:24 PM   #3
GrassValley_SL

Usually that error code will only show up when you install the trial on a system where there was a trial before which has run the full allowed days.

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support
GrassValley_SL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:52 PM   #4
CentralEurope

Quote:
there was a trial before which has run the full allowed days
was a trial before
a) ....only by a trial from the same Edius version ---that is imho logic... behind the 30 days

b) by trial`s from any Edius version`s, which has run the full allowed days ...and have this written in the MBR
that was imho not so logic...
[the AMD 1950X 16cores / 32 threads = go return because of massive problems, Not only I had these problems]
CentralEurope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:01 PM   #5
tom777

Default but it was wiped clean twice

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrassValley_SL View Post
Usually that error code will only show up when you install the trial on a system where there was a trial before which has run the full allowed days.
Thank for the answer but it was wiped clean twice and Edius was not on the system at all when I first installed it would crash constantly.

So I decided to format and get rid of all the crap that had been on and off the system.
Edius trial did work and start up, the first time I used it which was only a couple of days ago the trial was at 29days left.

but now after the format it installs then when I start it comes up with start trial icon, I click this then the ( error 15.0.0 ) appears I had 1day of the trial before I formatted my system, I think it has something to do with the licence
I only downloaded the trial on Wednesday had one day now all these problems. I have since downloaded again incase the file was corrupt

Thanks for the answer maybe someone else will chime in I hope to get an answer
Old 07-26-2013, 10:54 PM   #6
CentralEurope

on win_8 we have here in the german speech area a similar problem

Install trial 7.0, behind a 6.5x with all "Antons rules"...
Successfully installing EDIUS Pro 7 by correctly removing EDIUS6 or 6.5 versions

runs well ... but two days later generally problems with a virus on this PC
now he set back to a 6.5 image before install the 7.0 trial

deinstall the 6.5x (from this image) with all "Antons rules"...
Install the 7.0 now in in the second time
Install goes well, but if he click on => run as trial ... error code 15

funny, in the License Manager the the 6.5 are listed as trial, with the end date from the version 7
nothing listed from the version 7

the only way where we can solve this problem .... clear volume / format new / and set up a image with only the OS before all Edius times
(with a clean MBR)
adittionally, he have all overwrite with zeros, this was maybe not necessary, but he have it done..

behind all this ... Install from trial E_7 ... works well
[the AMD 1950X 16cores / 32 threads = go return because of massive problems, Not only I had these problems]

Last edited by CentralEurope; 07-27-2013 at 01:23 PM. Reason: typo
CentralEurope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:45 AM   #7
SoundFreak_HD

Cool

Use another spare hard drive and it works fine again.
I feel for users of Edius 6.5x there is not much testing to do as it's basically the same feature set.

Hope fully it will run smoother with larger projects, time will tel.
Still happily using 6.08, have 6.5 in the sealed box will wait until 7 arrives.
I personally will skip the testing period and use it once the dust settles, and there are positive threads on the forum.

If you really want to test software, any software, get a couple of hdd's and test away, small ones are very cheap now .........

EDIUS WG 9.52 / MATROX MXO2 LE / WIN10 Pro WS / LENOVO P71 Workstation laptop / XEON E3-1535M v6 / nVidia QUADRO P3000 6GB / Toshiba M.2 NVMe 512GB / Samsung 860 EVO 4TB / 32GB ECC RAM.

EDIUS WG 8.53
/ HDRX-E1 + HDBX-1000H / WIN10 Pro / DUAL XEON X5470 / SUPERMICRO X7DWA-N / SUPERMICRO SUPERCHASIS SC745TQ-920B / INTEL 520 SSD 240GB / WD CAVIAR BLACK 4TB (many) / 32GB ECC RAM / GTX 770 4GB / 2x MOTU 896HD.

wavearts / neatvideo / tmpgenc / hitfilm / imaginate
SoundFreak_HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:26 AM   #8
Adbear

Just doing a Standard format in Windows does not remove all the information. Best way to remove everything is to use Diskpart in a DOS window and clean the disk.
If you are doing full install then unplug every hard drive except the one you want to install Windows on to, this way you avoid accidentally cleaning any other drives as cleaning a drive removes everything off it.

Boot from your Windows install disc, when it gets to the screen where it asks what language you want to use hold down the 'Shift' key and hit 'F10' This should bring up a DOS Command Prompt window.
Type in 'diskpart' and hit 'enter'
The type in 'list disk' and hit 'enter', This should give you a list of all disks on your system. If you booted from DVD and disconnected all other drives then there should only be 1 disk in the list which should be 'Disk 0'. If you booted from a USB pen then you should have 2 in the list. Check the sizes of the disks and see which one has the size of the drive you want to install Windows on.
Next type 'select disk x' Where 'x' is the number of the disk you want to clean. If you only have 1 drive showing the it will be '0' then hit 'enter'
You should then get the following message
Disk 'x' is now the selected disk.'
The next part is the point of no return so you have to make sure you have selected the right drive because after the next command you can't get anything back which is why I recommend always unplugging any other drives so you can't accidentally wipe them.
Next type in 'clean' then 'enter'
Once it's done type 'exit' then 'enter'
then restart the computer. your drive should have been cleaned and you can then reinstall Windows and everything else and you should be able to install the trial without the timeout error code
Adbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:56 PM   #9
tom777

Default Hi Adbear. Error 15.0.0 Gone Follwed your instructions and WALLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adbear View Post
Just doing a Standard format in Windows does not remove all the information. Best way to remove everything is to use Diskpart in a DOS window and clean the disk.
If you are doing full install then unplug every hard drive except the one you want to install Windows on to, this way you avoid accidentally cleaning any other drives as cleaning a drive removes everything off it.

Boot from your Windows install disc, when it gets to the screen where it asks what language you want to use hold down the 'Shift' key and hit 'F10' This should bring up a DOS Command Prompt window.
Type in 'diskpart' and hit 'enter'
The type in 'list disk' and hit 'enter', This should give you a list of all disks on your system. If you booted from DVD and disconnected all other drives then there should only be 1 disk in the list which should be 'Disk 0'. If you booted from a USB pen then you should have 2 in the list. Check the sizes of the disks and see which one has the size of the drive you want to install Windows on.
Next type 'select disk x' Where 'x' is the number of the disk you want to clean. If you only have 1 drive showing the it will be '0' then hit 'enter'
You should then get the following message
Disk 'x' is now the selected disk.'
The next part is the point of no return so you have to make sure you have selected the right drive because after the next command you can't get anything back which is why I recommend always unplugging any other drives so you can't accidentally wipe them.
Next type in 'clean' then 'enter'
Once it's done type 'exit' then 'enter'
then restart the computer. your drive should have been cleaned and you can then reinstall Windows and everything else and you should be able to install the trial without the timeout error code
Hi Adbear. Error 15.0.0 Gone
followed your instructions to the letter and BRILLIANT all now working Iím delighted full trial 31days
I had a backup image which I always do after a new install which Edius was not on,
I disconnected my other drives to save confusion me, being an old codger my memory is not good
The whole process only took 30mins.
Others whom have this problem should follow your instructions Adbear, if you have an image of your hard drive backed up its very quick.
Thanks very much for the advice. I just hope Edius 7 Pro performs well????????????????
Tom G
Old 07-28-2013, 07:57 AM   #10
Adbear

Glad it worked for you. I'm a system builder and I do this on all drives before an install as it only takes a minute to clean the drive, and that way you know it's removed everything.
Adbear is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS