Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > EDIUS: Compatible Third Party Products

Old 09-14-2018, 02:17 PM   #21
antonsvideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khoi Pham View Post
Anton, I use 4K monitor because everything I output to the web is in 4K so I want to make sure it looks right. Even my dog video are in 4K:-) https://vimeo.com/262673200

and that is why I suggested to connect the 4k mon to the output of the BM 4k card and use non 4k mon for the PC

4k mon for computer desktop use are ...... because software makers are not ready for it

EDIUS 9 WG with Matrox MXO2, Asrock X99 Extreme 6, Intel Core i7 5960X Extreme Haswell-E 8-Core, Corsair Water Cooling, Nvidia Geforce GTX-980, Samsung 850 Pro SSD for System, 4 WD RE4 2TB in Raid5 for Video, Adaptec Raid Controller, 4 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Fractal Design Arc XL Tower, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win7 Pro

Last edited by GrassValley_PS; 09-14-2018 at 03:44 PM.
antonsvideo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 05:45 PM   #22
Liverpool TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonsvideo View Post
and that is why I suggested to connect the 4k mon to the output of the BM 4k card and use non 4k mon for the PC

4k mon for computer desktop use are ...... because software makers are not ready for it
As Anton has suggested, going external for UHD monitoring is going to be the best way to do this and not just because it gets around any GUI issues. There are a number of reasons why using the GUI isn't best for gauging a proper 'video' signal, if doing anything where serious picture adjustments are concerned. This is also true for any other typical broadcast resolutions.

On the other hand, if you've already got pictures that aren't going to be retouched for colour etc., Or don't need to adhere to certain broadcast standards. Or if like me, you're producing videos predominantly for web streaming to computer and mobile device screens, where the variation in screen quality, calibration, colour standards and playback environments etc. would probably negate the efforts of a properly calibrated 'standards' master. Then not using a properly calibrated external video monitor for gauging picture probably won't be such an issue. As long as the GUI resolution, quality and scaling isn't an issue for you and your material and you're OK with maybe not monitoring 1:1

Getting back to the subject of the thread. Maybe people would like to comment on the plugin or other audio related tips that allow for total audio manipulation and delivery from within Edius.

If you don't know the difference between Azimuth and Asimov, then either your tapes sound bad and your Robot is very dangerous. Kill all humans...... Or your tape deck won't harm a human, and your Robot's tracking and stereo imagining is spot on.

Is your Robot three laws safe?
Liverpool TV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 07:47 PM   #23
Khoi Pham

Quote:

I do have a 4K monitor hook up to my BM card for editing and grading, but I need to see what people see on their computer when they are watching my 4K video on the internet on their computer monitor.
Old 09-14-2018, 07:50 PM   #24
GrassValley_PS

Please return to the OP. This thread is not about 4K monitors except how it relates to the plugin.
Main System: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512GB , GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, Corsair AX1200i PS, Phanteks Luxe Case, 16TB RAID (4)HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB, Corsair H115i CPU Cooler, AJA Kona 4, BMD Intensity Pro 4K, Win 10
GrassValley_PS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 02:44 AM   #25
antonsvideo

I have tested this VST and it causes no delay after print to file, just like Elephant, in other words, a good free VST

other VST plugins cause a delay after export, anywhere from 1 - 3 frames which can be seen when you add the exported file above the original and compare waveforms

EDIUS 9 WG with Matrox MXO2, Asrock X99 Extreme 6, Intel Core i7 5960X Extreme Haswell-E 8-Core, Corsair Water Cooling, Nvidia Geforce GTX-980, Samsung 850 Pro SSD for System, 4 WD RE4 2TB in Raid5 for Video, Adaptec Raid Controller, 4 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Fractal Design Arc XL Tower, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win7 Pro
Old 09-15-2018, 07:38 PM   #26
Liverpool TV

Quote:
I have tested this VST and it causes no delay after print to file, just like Elephant, in other words, a good free VST

other VST plugins cause a delay after export, anywhere from 1 - 3 frames which can be seen when you add the exported file above the original and compare waveforms
Thanks for confirming that, Anton.

Exactly the same on my setup, I'm using E8. All my MP4 and HQ/X files are perfect.

Cheers,
Dave.

If you don't know the difference between Azimuth and Asimov, then either your tapes sound bad and your Robot is very dangerous. Kill all humans...... Or your tape deck won't harm a human, and your Robot's tracking and stereo imagining is spot on.

Old 09-16-2018, 08:44 AM   #27
ulyssesvideo

can the Loadmax plugin be used in edius 7.53? and what is the latest version?
ulyssesvideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 11:53 AM   #28
antonsvideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulyssesvideo View Post

yes it can be used, any VST that works in 9 will work in 7

Old 09-16-2018, 11:54 AM   #29
Liverpool TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulyssesvideo View Post
Hi Carl.

It should be fine with any version of Edius that is VST compatible.

Cheers,
Dave.

Old 09-16-2018, 12:32 PM   #30
ulyssesvideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverpool TV View Post
Hi Carl.

It should be fine with any version of Edius that is VST compatible.

Cheers,
Dave.
HI Dave.

thanks...
I use the newblue audio plug in... its very good but not as simple to use.

cheers
ulyssesvideo is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > EDIUS: Compatible Third Party Products