Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Integrated Production & Playout > GV Edge

Old 04-10-2013, 05:10 PM   #1
jas123

Default Using a VBI trigger to take next

Hi
I do not know if this is the right place to post this but I need to know if it is possible to trigger a take next event on the cobalt playlist by using a VBI or GBI trigger but a VBI trigger is preferred.

Thanks.
jas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:53 PM   #2
GrassValley_PS

We can trigger an event using SCTE 104 or GBI. You might be able to get more info on the website. I am not sure about VBI.
Main System: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512GB , GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, Corsair AX1200i PS, Phanteks Luxe Case, 16TB RAID (4)HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB, Corsair H115i CPU Cooler, AJA Kona 4, BMD Intensity Pro 4K, Win 10
GrassValley_PS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:47 PM   #3
jas123

First Thanks for the quick Replay. I do have one more question which is how would you set up the cobalt playlist on the K2 edge so it will take next event from a GPI trigger do we have to use an Applet or can this be done through the setting some where?.

Thanks in advanced.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:10 AM   #4
GrassValley_PS

Sorry to say that the person that provided me with the previous answer has left (we were at NAB). Maybe someone else will chime in.
Main System: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512GB , GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, Corsair AX1200i PS, Phanteks Luxe Case, 16TB RAID (4)HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB, Corsair H115i CPU Cooler, AJA Kona 4, BMD Intensity Pro 4K, Win 10
GrassValley_PS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:38 PM   #5
GrassValley_JE
Grass Valley

Hi,

It's unfortunately not possible to trigger Cobalt events using triggers embedded in the VBI of an incoming video signal. What is supported:

1. K2 Edge playout servers can generate GPIO triggers via VBI, DB9 socket and 410E during playout (output only). You can send GPIO triggers using the "GPIO Command" object on a template in Channel Composer (see Library > Objects > GPIO Command).

2. K2 Edge playout servers support incoming GPIO triggers via the DB9 serial input only. The K2 Edge will respond to incoming GPIO triggers by executing pre-configured complex commands (e.g. execute a shell script, execute a template). This way you could trigger an applet that "takes" the next event.

Based on your posts in this thread it's not entirely clear to me if you need a solution for incoming triggers embedded in VBI or not. If the solution from my second bullet would work for you then I could ask around what the next steps would be (as the required work for this has no relation with Channel Composer this request may have to go through other channels, e.g. support/professional services).

Regards,

JR

Last edited by GrassValley_JE; 04-24-2013 at 02:51 PM.
GrassValley_JE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:37 PM   #6
jas123

Hi thanks for the info
yes the triggers will be coming on the VBI stream but we have a way to make it work, what we are doing now is converting the trigger from VBI to GPIO (using a sperate box for this) so the K2edge should pick it up from the DB9 input and start an applet which would take next on the playlist.

Thanks again for the replay.

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Integrated Production & Playout > GV Edge