Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Converters > ADVC

Old 02-09-2016, 01:38 PM   #1
pounder49

Default ADVC110 capture in Avid Media Composer audio issue

I'm currently testing out Avid Media Composer as a new editing and capture set up from my previous programs and I have the ADVC110 which works great capturing analog VHS or Video8 tapes in Nero Video to various formats such as AVI, MPEG and MP4, all with locked, in-sync audio. Whilst this works well, I would like to see if I can get the ADVC110 working just as good in AMC.
Had trouble at first getting AMC to recognise the ADVC110 but with the correct setting (using 'auto-configure') I finally got it to do capture video as a DV MXF file BUT can only capture video and not together with audio.
In the capture screen, every time I click on the audio channels to activate them for capture, an error comes up (FAILED TO SET THE SAMPLE RATE BACK TO THE CURRENT ONE). If I just select video, it captures video no problems. I have the sample rate set at 48khz and it does not matter what settings I change I can't seem to get it to accept video/audio capture. Even tried audio on its own with video and same problem.
Maybe I'm missing a simple setting or something to achieve video/audio capture? Any advice would be appreciated.
pounder49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 01:48 PM   #2
pounder49

Default ** SOLVED **

Okay I had an issue a while ago (before using AMC) where if I ran two firewire devices at the same time from the one card, which were the ADVC110 device and my Presonus Firepod (for audio) so I disabled one to use the other and vice versa. If I ran them both together, I would sometimes get the blue screen of death.
With AMC I had disabled the Firepod to just use the ADVC110 and got the audio errors and the sample rates greyed out but could capture just video. All other settings to get audio capture with video wouldn't work so after some research I decided to try running both firewire devices at the same time and opened up AMC to capture. This time no BSOD and after some trial and error with the now not greyed out sample rate settings, I finally was able to capture full video and audio from analogue (VHS in this case) with no problems. I even kept the sample rate setting at 48khz and let AMC convert it with the setting in the Console enabled. All good so far with both devices working smoothly as this time I'm running them under Windows 10 64 bit instead of the previous Windows 7 setup.
pounder49 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Converters > ADVC