Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 08-16-2019, 06:02 AM   #1
cmusic_idv

Default Multicam - adjust video after cuts done

I'm running EDIUS 8.

I'm shooting concert with several camcorders, multicam sync them by their audio waveform.

If I have done all cuts, and later find out some camcorder's video is faster/slower than others, if want to adjust this clip's video 1 frame ahead/behind, is there any way to do this ? (without changing all cuts already done)

Thanks!
cmusic_idv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 08:32 AM   #2
DigitalDave

If I have understood the scenario you are (half) stuffed.

So.... you have 5 cameras and lets say camera 3 is 2 frames out of sync to the other cameras.
You can advance or retard the track by unlocking track sync on that track only. When you do that you will have a 2 frame gap at the front or back of every edit (depending on whether you advanced or retarded) ON THAT TRACK (camera3). You will have to adjust those manually.
The good news is it does NOT affect the other tracks unless they cut to or from our camera 3.
DigitalDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 08:46 AM   #3
antonsvideo

you can slide the content of the clip in question without altering the cut points

hold Ctrl+Alt as you click the clip and then press comma or dot keys to advance or retard 1 frame at a time
Attached Files
File Type: mp4 Anton-0005.mp4 (92.5 KB, 16 views)

EDIUS 9 WG with Matrox MXO2, Asrock X99 Extreme 6, Intel Core i7 5960X Extreme Haswell-E 8-Core, Corsair Water Cooling, Nvidia Geforce GTX-980, Samsung 860 Pro SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 3 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Fractal Design Arc XL Tower, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win7 Pro
antonsvideo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 09:31 AM   #4
cmusic_idv

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonsvideo View Post
you can slide the content of the clip in question without altering the cut points

hold Ctrl+Alt as you click the clip and then press comma or dot keys to advance or retard 1 frame at a time
I tried and this method works for single clip, but I can't find a way to apply to all clips of a track at one time.

If I have one hundred cut clips on this track, I have to do this procedure one by one?
Old 08-16-2019, 09:36 AM   #5
DigitalDave

@ Anton
Yes but that just fixes one clip so its not a one click fixes all. Not saying it's better or worse as either way is a PIA.

Maybe Macrogenerator can make a Macro that could then be applied to each edit affected.

I just know that on the occasions I have "screwed up" I have to fix the whole track in question...no simple fix.
Old 08-16-2019, 09:40 AM   #6
cmusic_idv

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDave View Post
If I have understood the scenario you are (half) stuffed.

So.... you have 5 cameras and lets say camera 3 is 2 frames out of sync to the other cameras.
You can advance or retard the track by unlocking track sync on that track only. When you do that you will have a 2 frame gap at the front or back of every edit (depending on whether you advanced or retarded) ON THAT TRACK (camera3). You will have to adjust those manually.
The good news is it does NOT affect the other tracks unless they cut to or from our camera 3.
Sorry and I'm not quite understand the procedure. when I unlock the track, I don't see any gap shows up.

And since edit always switching between all cameras, so always there's some camera cut to or from our camera 3....
Old 08-16-2019, 09:46 AM   #7
antonsvideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDave View Post
@ Anton
Yes but that just fixes one clip so its not a one click fixes all. Not saying it's better or worse as either way is a PIA.

Maybe Macrogenerator can make a Macro that could then be applied to each edit affected.

I just know that on the occasions I have "screwed up" I have to fix the whole track in question...no simple fix.
you only need to adjust the clips when that camera is on, maybe it is only used 10 times so it won't take long

EDIUS 9 WG with Matrox MXO2, Asrock X99 Extreme 6, Intel Core i7 5960X Extreme Haswell-E 8-Core, Corsair Water Cooling, Nvidia Geforce GTX-980, Samsung 860 Pro SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 3 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Fractal Design Arc XL Tower, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win7 Pro
antonsvideo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 09:59 AM   #8
DigitalDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmusic_idv View Post
Sorry and I'm not quite understand the procedure. when I unlock the track, I don't see any gap shows up.

And since edit always switching between all cameras, so always there's some camera cut to or from our camera 3....
The gaps will show up when you move the WHOLE TRACK to correct.
In the scenario I have created, track 1,2 4,5 stay sync locked and track 3 is unlocked and moved forward or backward to correct the sync with the other clips.
Then you fix the holes created at one end or the other.

Last edited by DigitalDave; 08-16-2019 at 10:05 AM.
Old 08-16-2019, 10:03 AM   #9
DigitalDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonsvideo View Post
you only need to adjust the clips when that camera is on, maybe it is only used 10 times so it won't take long
I would never work that way as if you need to revise the edit that track is still out. Either way yours or mine maybe just "10" edits will need to be corrected but my way the whole track is corrected not just 10 clips.
Old 08-16-2019, 10:10 AM   #10
cmusic_idv

@ antonsvideo:

Thanks for your help!

Since switching several camcorders to 4K, multicam sync is way harder than before on my PC. If don't skip frame, I have to turn off some 4K tracks, cannot sync them with all tracks shows up.

[Ctrl]+[Alt] Slide can apply to most obvious clips. some instrument's playing is easy to notice out of sync even 1 or 2 frames.

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS