Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 08-21-2019, 09:57 AM   #11
antonsvideo

it is already a huge issue

I have a customer who has a Dell Laptop with UHD 13" screen set to 300% scaling and he sends me his projects for fine tuning

I have to readjust each single title, very time consuming

I am trying to sell him Vistitle

EDIUS 9 WG with Matrox MXO2, Asrock X99 Extreme 6, Intel Core i7 5960X Extreme Haswell-E 8-Core, Corsair Water Cooling, Nvidia Geforce GTX-980, Samsung 860 Pro SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 3 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Fractal Design Arc XL Tower, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win7 Pro
antonsvideo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 11:03 AM   #12
Liverpool TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonsvideo View Post
it is already a huge issue

I have a customer who has a Dell Laptop with UHD 13" screen set to 300% scaling and he sends me his projects for fine tuning

I have to readjust each single title, very time consuming

I am trying to sell him Vistitle
Alright Anton.

Does Vistitle slow down Edius like QT does? I only have to add a single line of text with a few words and itíll break real-time performance in certain scenarios. It can actually put more strain on the timeline compared to adding a UHD video.

Does Vistitle use the GPU? Itís a real pain that QT doesnít, in fact it doesnít seem to scale with CPU either. It actually feels like it doesnít make a difference regardless of the computerís processing ability sometimes, itís as if thereís a core conflict between it and Edius that supersedes the processing of the host.

Iíll have to look into something like Vistitle or an alternative as this particular Edius problem is not fixable or worked around, as I need to switch between resolutions for various things too much. Although, Iíd have to go through the hassle of re-doing a whole bunch of stuff.

Cheers,
Dave.

If you don't know the difference between Azimuth and Asimov, then either your tapes sound bad and your Robot is very dangerous. Kill all humans...... Or your tape deck won't harm a human, and your Robot's tracking and stereo imagining is spot on.

Is your Robot three laws safe?
Liverpool TV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 11:13 AM   #13
antonsvideo

I have 0.0000% issues with Vistitle and certainly no realtime performance issues, they currently sell it with a 30% discount

Quicktitler reminds me of a horse with a broken leg, what do we do with such a horse?

EDIUS 9 WG with Matrox MXO2, Asrock X99 Extreme 6, Intel Core i7 5960X Extreme Haswell-E 8-Core, Corsair Water Cooling, Nvidia Geforce GTX-980, Samsung 860 Pro SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 3 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Fractal Design Arc XL Tower, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win7 Pro
antonsvideo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 04:47 PM   #14
Jerry

....and that is a good deal! The plugins are 30% off as well. I use these all of the time.
If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, 4790K@4.7Ghz, 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
Both systems on Gigabit network
Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, 980x@3.74, Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS