Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 10-09-2018, 05:42 PM   #11
GrassValley_SL

That is not how it works. The panpot filter also let you choose which channel goes out either over 1 channel or both. (if a clip has 2 channels )

The best way to manage tracks is with mapping IMHO.

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support
GrassValley_SL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 12:42 AM   #12
antonsvideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind.film View Post
I have similar problem with audio channels. Ther used to be a "swap channels" effect in Adobe, that did the job, but the "Panpot & Balance" can only mute a channel, which is already mute. It's meaningless.
I have also tried the channel map thing, It doesn't change anything at all. Only mutes the channel which is playing.
When I change the setting to monaural, it also mutes everything.

Am I missing something?
be sure to do the mapping in sequence settings and not in project settings

in the attached example, the left channel of the clip will be output on both speakers and the right channel will be muted, the possibilities are endless
Attached Images
File Type: png AVP-0563.png (44.2 KB, 37 views)

EDIUS 9 WG with Matrox MXO2, Asrock X99 Extreme 6, Intel Core i7 5960X Extreme Haswell-E 8-Core, Corsair Water Cooling, Nvidia Geforce GTX-980, Samsung 850 Pro SSD for System, 4 WD RE4 2TB in Raid5 for Video, Adaptec Raid Controller, 4 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Fractal Design Arc XL Tower, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win7 Pro

Last edited by antonsvideo; 10-10-2018 at 02:04 AM.
antonsvideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 02:58 PM   #13
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind.film View Post
Ther used to be a "swap channels" effect in Adobe, that did the job, but the "Panpot & Balance" can only mute a channel, which is already mute. It's meaningless.
The "panorama and balance" works well in a stereo track. When you open the dialogue box, ignore the balance handle at the bottom! Have a look at the very top instead. There you have two horizontal handles. As default, for the left channel the handle is on the left side, for the right channel it is on the right.

If you want to swap channels, just turn the left handle to the right side and the right one to the left. Done.
Attached Images
File Type: png swapchannels.png (7.0 KB, 16 views)
Intel Core i7-7820X ---- Noctua NH-D15S ---- MSI X299 GAMING M7 ACK ---- 64GB RAM 2666-15 Corsair Dominator Platinum ---- 500GB Samsung 960 EVO M.2 (system SSD) ---- 512GB Samsung 960 PRO M.2 (data SSD) ---- Aorus Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti ---- be quiet! SILENT BASE 600 Case ---- be quiet! Dark P. Pro P11 850W ---- Win10 Pro ---- Edius WG 8.53.2808
Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 08:56 AM   #14
Haddock

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonsvideo View Post
be sure to do the mapping in sequence settings and not in project settings

in the attached example, the left channel of the clip will be output on both speakers and the right channel will be muted, the possibilities are endless
Thank you Anton, I didn't see that the mapping audio was tunable in the sequence properties. IMHO it's the best solution to start, determine wich track is receiving the mono records... and mapping it. Until now I was only using PanPot and balance... that brings the volume also...

Sorry for my poor english, I am french native speaking

Main System: Azus Z87 Pro, 4770K@3.5Ghz, 16gb ram, Nvidia GeForce GT 630, Windows 7 Pro 64, Samsung 840 pro, Edius 8.52 + NXexpress or HDspark, 3T separate video HD.
Haddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 09:14 AM   #15
GrassValley_PS

Everyone should learn how audio mapping works.
Also to change channels on clips that are already on the timeline, you can right click, select properties, look on the bottom under channels and select whatever channel you desire.

Because we work off of the source clip, we can change channels on any clip at any time.
Main System: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512GB , GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, Corsair AX1200i PS, Phanteks Luxe Case, 16TB RAID (4)HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB, Corsair H115i CPU Cooler, AJA Kona 4, BMD Intensity Pro 4K, Win 10
GrassValley_PS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 10:26 AM   #16
antonsvideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddock View Post
Thank you Anton, I didn't see that the mapping audio was tunable in the sequence properties. IMHO it's the best solution to start, determine wich track is receiving the mono records... and mapping it. Until now I was only using PanPot and balance... that brings the volume also...
using panpot filter halves your volume
using sequence mapping keeps volume

EDIUS 9 WG with Matrox MXO2, Asrock X99 Extreme 6, Intel Core i7 5960X Extreme Haswell-E 8-Core, Corsair Water Cooling, Nvidia Geforce GTX-980, Samsung 850 Pro SSD for System, 4 WD RE4 2TB in Raid5 for Video, Adaptec Raid Controller, 4 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Fractal Design Arc XL Tower, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win7 Pro
antonsvideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 04:08 AM   #17
Liverpool TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrassValley_PS View Post
Everyone should learn how audio mapping works.
Also to change channels on clips that are already on the timeline, you can right click, select properties, look on the bottom under channels and select whatever channel you desire.

Because we work off of the source clip, we can change channels on any clip at any time.
As an audio person, Edius' audio handling was the maddest thing I'd ever seen. But for the functions Pat has mentioned, it is actually very flexible, if not a bit odd to anyone used to traditional mixer based routing etc.

It still freaks me out a bit when clips on the same track can be mono or stereo. But it actually really helps for a number of scenarios.

My advice for any Edius user, would be to get a bunch of media and throw it into a test project and just sit there for a few hours and get your head around the way Edius works with audio. It's defo not immediately intuitive but is quite versatile.

If you don't know the difference between Azimuth and Asimov, then either your tapes sound bad and your Robot is very dangerous. Kill all humans...... Or your tape deck won't harm a human, and your Robot's tracking and stereo imagining is spot on.

Is your Robot three laws safe?
Liverpool TV is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS