Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 04-03-2010, 04:32 PM   #1
Tobe

Default Memory leak fix in 5.5?

I am hoping that the memory leak in 5.12 which shows black in the place of images will be corrected in 5.5 The memory leak makes it impossible to know if an edit is complete when outputting from the timeline...many times I thought I was done only to find another picture not visible in the final edit...any word on this vital fix?

i7 8700K @ 3.70 Ghz/16 gb RAM
windows 10
284 gb SSD boot drive
2 TB work disc
2TB storage disc
EDIUS 9.52.6031
Many external project hard drives

Last edited by Tobe; 04-03-2010 at 04:34 PM. Reason: spelling typo
Tobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 05:02 PM   #2
mattie

Ive not had anything lke this on my system - I use a variery of file types from XDCAM EX, Canon SLR MOV, AVCHD and MPEG-2 - are you sure it's not your PC setup that is causing the issues?

My PC is an off the shelf HP desktop, nothing fancy Q6600 2.4GHz 4Gig RAM runngin win 7 x64
mattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 05:09 PM   #3
SRsupport
Grass Cutter Gold

It is a well discussed issue which has been reported. It has very little to do with the system as it has been seen by many with different high end systems.

I don't know if this is fixed in 5.5 , it could be that it happens less often.There is always a possibility that when you use window 7 things are a bit better. Lets wait and see when it is released
For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net
SRsupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 05:11 PM   #4
Alade

Maybe if the timeline is expanded to 1 frame you will see that your edit was not perfect as you thought....it happens when you push one clip to another and the curser is not quite at the end , and it causes the clip to cut off a frame or two from the preceeding clip.....happens to me sometimes, and I only realise it when I try to add a trasnition and find that it is not showing up, or that I cant extent it...you should try checking that first....
Alade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 05:14 PM   #5
SRsupport
Grass Cutter Gold

This unfortunately has nothing to do with what the OP is talking about. It is a different issue.
For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net
SRsupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 05:50 PM   #6
Khoi Pham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alade View Post
Maybe if the timeline is expanded to 1 frame you will see that your edit was not perfect as you thought....it happens when you push one clip to another and the curser is not quite at the end , and it causes the clip to cut off a frame or two from the preceeding clip.....happens to me sometimes, and I only realise it when I try to add a trasnition and find that it is not showing up, or that I cant extent it...you should try checking that first....
This has not nothing to do with what he was talking about, when you use high rez still like 3000pixel and up you will have problem with black image instead of showing the still.
Khoi Pham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 09:35 PM   #7
plasma_video

It even happens with lower rez photos if you have a number of them in a project, but not as frequently.
plasma_video is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 10:09 PM   #8
Tobe

Let me tell you, it's a very real problem. I am close to completion on a 1 hr 20 min documentary based on 19th and early 20th century paintings/photos/post cards and memorabilia.

I have hundreds of stills and they randomly disappear. I am getting close to the end and am quite nervous about outputting a file for DVD mastering, fearing I may end up with some black pix in different spots no matter how many times I output the mpg files.

Troublesome...anyone found a guaranteed method of outputting a file of this size with hundreds of stills? I am now redoing black frames with jpgs instead of bmps...hoping this helps.

I cannot easily restart the project since I have nearly a TB of materials and it takes 15 minutes to reload each time.

i7 8700K @ 3.70 Ghz/16 gb RAM
windows 10
284 gb SSD boot drive
2 TB work disc
2TB storage disc
EDIUS 9.52.6031
Many external project hard drives
Tobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 10:34 PM   #9
Khoi Pham

Usually I closed Edius and reopen it and they will reappeared then I shift Q them, and then output to DVD...
Khoi Pham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 10:35 PM   #10
Fred Dwyer

jpg's probably not a good idea. Since they are compressed each one will eat CPU cycles being uncompressed. The problem may well get worse. I'd try tif images if you want to avoid bmp's.
Win 7 Pro-64 bit, EDIUS Workgroup 8.5, Intel Ivy Bridge i5, ASUS P8Z77-V-LK, 8GB Kningston DDR3, Pioneer BDR-209UBK, EVGA NVIDEA GEForce GT630, Corsair TX750M 750w Power Supply, 4 WD Black HDD for 3.15TB, ACEDVIO, Spark HD, eSATA controller, ANTEC 300 case.
Fred Dwyer is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS