Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > EDIUS: Compatible Hardware and Accessories

Old 08-20-2015, 05:22 PM   #1
Alter Ego

Default For AMD Users - AMD CPU and Edius Info

Some info for any AMD CPU users upgrading to Edius 7 or 8. For compatibility with Edius SSSE3 instructions, you have to have a CPU based on the Bulldozer, Piledriver or the newer Steamroller architecture. They have SSSE3 instructions built in. The 6 core Phenom series do not. The new 8 core FX chips will work with Edius 7.

I just upgraded my system with a new motherboard and AMD 8 core FX-8370 4.3 GHZ CPU. Edius 7.5 is rock solid. I've been banging away for days with RED 4K files without a hiccup. Very pleased with the overall peformance... I don't do much encoding so not having Quick Sync isn't an issue for me.

Edius 8 WG with HDSpark, AMD 8 core FX 8370 Black Edition 4.3 GHZ, MSI 970A Krait Edition, 16 GB Patriot DDR3 1333 MHz RAM, EVGA Nvidia GTX 780 TI graphics, Win 10 X64.
Alter Ego is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > EDIUS: Compatible Hardware and Accessories