Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 04-29-2010, 01:30 PM   #1
barry@bwvideofilms

Default Windows 7/Edius 5.5 can't capture HDV tape

Recently intalled Windows 7. Set Sony player to HDV, i-link OFF as usual. The player is installed and recognised in W7 device manager, so firewire connected OK but Edius can't see it. Selecting my usual Generic HDV, Can HQ 1440x1080 50i and have tried all the other input formats just in case but player controls stay greyed out and no capture possible.

It's 1280x720p project and this is footage from static cam and mixing formats like this has never been a problem before. I have tried capturing using the original Canon camera too, again W7 installs driver OK but Edius doesn't see it.
Edius 5.5, Win7 Pro 64bit, 16GB RAM, Intel Core i7 2.8GHz, NVIDIA GeForce9600GT, 5x 1TB SATA II (24/7 WD Enterprise type) with 4x in Raid1 for video, 1x for system/utilities.
barry@bwvideofilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 02:09 PM   #2
GrassValley_SL

Check this thread :
http://ediusforum.grassvalley.com/fo...ad.php?t=15978

Generic OHCI drivers.
GrassValley_SL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 03:50 PM   #3
barry@bwvideofilms

Thanks, I've tried all the suggestions i.e.
1. The internal DV link cable between boards is connected and working OK.
2. The only firewire input I have is on the Edius main board, I have no generic to try as suggested.
3. In device manager I changed the driver to the only one available on the list which is 6.1.7600.16385 dated 2006, this changed the description from Sony HVR-M15E player to AV/C Tape Device. I presume this is the "legacy" driver as opposed to the W7 one.

It's still not working. The driver still sounds most likely culprit but can't see what else I can do with it.
Edius 5.5, Win7 Pro 64bit, 16GB RAM, Intel Core i7 2.8GHz, NVIDIA GeForce9600GT, 5x 1TB SATA II (24/7 WD Enterprise type) with 4x in Raid1 for video, 1x for system/utilities.
Old 04-29-2010, 06:05 PM   #4
barry@bwvideofilms

Sorted, it was the driver but I hadn't followed the instruction properly. I was trying to update a driver for the vcr, anyway:

- In Device Manager under "IEEE 1394 Bus Host Controllers" open 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller (Legacy)

- Open properties box and select "Update driver software ..."

- Select "Browse my computer for driver software"

- Select "let me pick from a list of device driver on my computer ..." and Check the box before “Show compatible hardware”.

- Choose the second option---1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller (Legacy), and click next to update the driver.

Have to admit I had a little help from another forum.
Old 04-29-2010, 06:06 PM   #5
Alter Ego

You have to select the OHCI "Legacy" driver from the list for HDV capture.
Alter Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 03:21 AM   #6
SoundFreak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by barry@bwvideofilms View Post
Have to admit I had a little help from another forum.
It actually was mentioned several times for Windows 7 users to change the default OHCI drivers to Legacy OHCI.
If you tried and use the forum search function and failed to find the answer you're not alone.
SoundFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 10:58 PM   #7
chec

Thank you, the legacy driver did the trick.

2) Is there a way to tell Edius to shuttle with normal volume on the audio as if I was playing the clip. My system 'suffers' from a subdued/lower volume whenever I move around on the timeline. Having to play to evaluate volume is time consuming since Premiere never 'altered' with the volume during shuttle.

3) Is there a way to STOP Edius from asking "Do you wish to change levels for all channels". This is in the properties panel for the clip where I adjust the volume. Very annoying and time wasting, especially if I have set it to single monaural channel anyway.
chec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 06:08 AM   #8
tingsern

Quote:
Originally Posted by chec View Post

2) Is there a way to tell Edius to shuttle with normal volume on the audio as if I was playing the clip. My system 'suffers' from a subdued/lower volume whenever I move around on the timeline. Having to play to evaluate volume is time consuming since Premiere never 'altered' with the volume during shuttle.
I actually prefer it that way. If I move the clips at high speed, I don't want to hear all the "rubbish". In any case, I doubt anybody will be able to make sense of audio not played back at 1:1 (real time). Or did I read your requirement wrongly?
Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema
tingsern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 05:02 PM   #9
videogirl

this thread is amazing. problem solved
cheers

problem was no capture on windows 7 64 bit system edius
videogirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS