Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 06-25-2011, 01:21 AM   #1
Pete

Default Audio won't maintain stereo

I was wondering if you can help, as it appears to be a Edius 6.02 problem.

I have recorded a voice over, in stereo, albeit on a mono michrophone,in Adobe Sound Tooth, which I have done for years, I place it on the timeline, hit properties, it shows Stereo, but is only playing in one speaker, I then change to Mono channel 1, and it then coems from both speakers.

However what happens next, is that if I do any editing on the timeline, or particularly save and close the project, and re-open it again, that peice has changed back to mono, one speaker.

Now to further complicated things, this week I finsihed a project, and from the one file, I cut that file to place in different areas of the timeline to suit vision, however the first peice of voice over continuelly changed to mono, whilst the the others stayed as stereo or twin speakers.

The audio file is ieee float wave on twoi channels ( have tried4m 6 and 8) quantization 32.

Having been an Edius user sine 5.0. I've never had this problem, I've looked through all the settings. Can anyone help.

Otherwise I'm still sooo happy with Edius 6.02
regards
Pete Rhodes
Big Picture Video Productions
Melbourne Australia
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 01:53 AM   #2
Pete

In response to my above question. Two points. The first within Edius I used the panpot/balance, and make my voice over stereo/2 speakers. The other poin was in Adobe Sound boooth, on the stero setting and recording on a mono mic, was wrong. Record in mono, then change it to stereo, either of these things work well.
Pete
Old 06-25-2011, 03:04 AM   #3
antonsvideo

I think this is a known bug with current version

EDIUS 9 WG with Matrox MXO2, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro
antonsvideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 09:42 PM   #4
Red Union Films
Banned

Hi Pete.

You may want to record dialog in single channel mono. It's not really normal to record as two channels as there is no stereo information in a mono source. Mono tracks are a little easier to work with and easier to identify any spacial issues, especially with Edius.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Dave.
Red Union Films is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 11:14 PM   #5
Pete

Thank you both for your feedback.
Regards
Pete
Old 06-26-2011, 05:12 PM   #6
ChrisFar

This needs to be fixed. The old style panning does not work in 6.02. The Audio drifts, it works flawlessly on Previous versions of Edius.
ChrisFar is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS