Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 05-15-2020, 09:54 PM   #1
neilmac

Default Duplicating sequences

I'm working with Edius 9.5 and currently doing a series of projects where I have to do a duplicate piece for a number of different people, which is output to a single file for each of them and one master timeline where I drag in all of the sequences with transitions between them for a long format video.

There's quite a lot of setup for the sequences for each of the people's small sections (titles, background graphics etc.) so it would be really convenient if I could just duplicate one sample sequence and then change the details as required.

The only way I can figure for now is to save as a new file and use the import option. I'm convinced there should be a way to just duplicate a timeline with a keyboard shortcut and it appear as "sequencename (1)" or such like, but I can't find any way to do it.

To be clear, this is duplicating the actual sequence to provide a new sequence timeline. Not just duplicating the sequence in the bin, as I know that is easy to do.

Any genius suggestions to speed up this workflow?

Thanks

Neil
Old 05-15-2020, 10:12 PM   #2
GrassValley_SL

Add the sequence to the bin. Right click and choose duplicate sequence. This gives you separate sequence .

If you want a copy of the project use save as. Or save it a a template with only the things you need.

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support
GrassValley_SL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 10:35 PM   #3
neilmac

I have just realised that there is also an option above "Duplicate sequence" to "Open sequence" which actually allows me to get the sequence showing as a timeline. That is a big improvement.

Would be really brilliant if you could just do a duplicate by right clicking on the sequence name above the timeline and selecting duplicate, and have a new sequence appear opened to the right hand side ready to work on though. I guess there isn't currently a way to do that.

Thanks for heading me in the right direction though as I would have probably continued to miss that option!
Old 05-15-2020, 10:43 PM   #4
GrassValley_PS

I understand your point (it would be nice to be able to assign a keyboard shortcut to the command), but for now, do it the way Steve suggested. Then you can simply double click on each sequence to open it (no need to right click and select Open Sequence)..
Main System: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512GB , GeForce GTX 1080ti SC Black, Corsair AX1200i PS, Phanteks Luxe Case, 16TB RAID (4)HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB, Corsair H115i CPU Cooler, AJA Kona 4, BMD Intensity Pro 4K, Win 10
GrassValley_PS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 10:50 PM   #5
neilmac

Yes, definitely a better option than I had, so thanks!

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS