Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 07-11-2019, 05:48 PM   #11
Sheeba

Anton.....
You say "if EDIUS crashes due to a sudden power failure etc. a lock file will remain, this will also cause you issues, so be sure to delete the lock file while EDIUS is closed

You say "be sure Win Explorer view options are correct or you won't see the lock file and its extension
https://www.videoproductions.com.au/MR/view-options.png"

I followed your thumbnail win explorer view options recommendation. My problem is the only way this lock file shows up is when the Edius project IS open. When I close the Edius project the lock file associated with it disappears. When i try to delete the lock file with edius open edius says I can't delete it until I close the edius project.
Yesterday I had saved multiple copies of this project. Looking at them today they all appear to have that locked file associated with them. But I only can see them when the edius project is open. So I guess my question is how to see them with edius closed so I can delete the locked file.
Thanks for any help!!!
Edius 9.3, ProASUS TUF X299 Mark I LGA2066 DDR4 M.2 USB 3.1 Dual LAN X299 ATX Motherboard, Intell Core i7-7820 X Skylake-X 8-Core 3.6 GHz processor, GTX 1070, 500 GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD), 4TB WD Enterprise HD, 16 GB Ram, 2 LG DVD burners, Win10 Pro. Intensity Shuttle. Vitascene V.3. Vistitle 2.8 +

Last edited by Sheeba; 07-11-2019 at 06:05 PM.
Sheeba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 06:23 PM   #12
THoff

If the lock file doesn't exist then the project isn't in use by Edius, and you don't need to delete it.
THoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 12:09 AM   #13
antonsvideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheeba View Post
Anton.....
You say "if EDIUS crashes due to a sudden power failure etc. a lock file will remain, this will also cause you issues, so be sure to delete the lock file while EDIUS is closed

You say "be sure Win Explorer view options are correct or you won't see the lock file and its extension
https://www.videoproductions.com.au/MR/view-options.png"

I followed your thumbnail win explorer view options recommendation. My problem is the only way this lock file shows up is when the Edius project IS open. When I close the Edius project the lock file associated with it disappears. When i try to delete the lock file with edius open edius says I can't delete it until I close the edius project.
Yesterday I had saved multiple copies of this project. Looking at them today they all appear to have that locked file associated with them. But I only can see them when the edius project is open. So I guess my question is how to see them with edius closed so I can delete the locked file.
Thanks for any help!!!
as I mentioned, you only delete a lock file if it exists when EDIUS is closed
It always exists when EDIUS is open, but when EDIUS has a hard crash, it has no time to close the lock file and as such, you need to delete it

did you try save as and give the project a new name?

EDIUS 9 WG with Matrox MXO2, Asrock X99 Extreme 6, Intel Core i7 5960X Extreme Haswell-E 8-Core, Corsair Water Cooling, Nvidia Geforce GTX-980, Samsung 860 Pro SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 3 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Fractal Design Arc XL Tower, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win7 Pro
antonsvideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 12:46 AM   #14
Sheeba

Anton and Thoff.....

You are my heroes. Clumsily following your messages, I was able to get this job up and out the door.
Yes Anton, I saved project under a new name.
And Thoff, due to your reply about the lock file, I mustered up the courage to proceed.

Very grateful for all the help. I need a drink.

Lori
Edius 9.3, ProASUS TUF X299 Mark I LGA2066 DDR4 M.2 USB 3.1 Dual LAN X299 ATX Motherboard, Intell Core i7-7820 X Skylake-X 8-Core 3.6 GHz processor, GTX 1070, 500 GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD), 4TB WD Enterprise HD, 16 GB Ram, 2 LG DVD burners, Win10 Pro. Intensity Shuttle. Vitascene V.3. Vistitle 2.8 +
Sheeba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 08:07 AM   #15
Haddock

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundFreak_HD View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one...
For Anton answer and the other user... Evolution do not mean necessarily progress.

I am 67 years and use computers and programs since the "CPM" and "MSDOS".

Today I am still impressed by the progress of windows and have respect for the designers of programs such as Edius. I just regret that some aspects of "upgrades", especially layouts, are not helpful and complicate the user life.
The only benefit of these "ancillary" advances force our brain to gymnastics that slowed aging

Sorry for my poor english, I am french native speaking

Main System: Azus Z87 Pro, 4770K@3.5Ghz, 16gb ram, Nvidia GeForce GT 630, Windows 7 Pro 64, Samsung 840 pro, Edius 8.53.2808 WG and 9.40.4896 + NXexpress or HDspark, 2T separate video SSD.
Haddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 08:26 AM   #16
SoundFreak_HD

Talking

Unfortunately I started to use computers in the windows 3.1 time age, I'm a mouse pilot :)

I'm miss all the msdos knowledge, that's a shame, at least that how I feel now, I'm kinda allergic to command line instructions.

Time has indeed gone fast and technology even faster, it's almost a full day job to keep up with everything.

Good luck with all the upcoming changes that's gonna surprise us...

EDIUS WG 9.5 / MATROX MXO2 LE / WIN10 Pro WS / LENOVO P71 Workstation laptop / XEON E3-1535M v6 / nVidia QUADRO P3000 6GB / Toshiba M.2 NVMe 512GB / Samsung 860 EVO 4TB / 32GB ECC RAM.

EDIUS WG 8.53
/ HDRX-E1 + HDBX-1000 H / WIN10 Pro / DUAL XEON X5470 / SUPERMICRO X7DWA-N / SUPERMICRO SUPERCHASIS SC745TQ-920B / INTEL 520 SSD 240GB / WD CAVIAR BLACK 4TB (many) / 32GB ECC RAM / GTX 770 4GB / 2x MOTU 896HD.

wavearts / neatvideo / tmpgenc / hitfilm / imaginate
SoundFreak_HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 09:37 AM   #17
Haddock

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundFreak_HD View Post
Time has indeed gone fast and technology even faster, it's almost a full day job to keep up with everything.
Exactly, experience this, I am

Sorry for my poor english, I am french native speaking

Main System: Azus Z87 Pro, 4770K@3.5Ghz, 16gb ram, Nvidia GeForce GT 630, Windows 7 Pro 64, Samsung 840 pro, Edius 8.53.2808 WG and 9.40.4896 + NXexpress or HDspark, 2T separate video SSD.
Haddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 11:53 AM   #18
dpalomaki

Soapbox alert

Quote:
The only benefit of these "ancillary" advances force our brain to gymnastics that slowed aging
And speed the graying of hair!

MS DOS was about getting work done using productivity apps.

Windows is about entertaining the user.

I recall the trade magazine "Value Added Reseller" touted the introduction of Win 95 as a boon to the industry because with Win 95 the PC had truly become too complex for users to setup/manage/maintain, and hardware upgrades would be required.

And it was Bill Gates who said, back in the 1980s, something to the effect of: "Why would anyone ever need more than 640k of RAM?"
dpalomaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 03:42 PM   #19
Ron Evans

I am 77 and did Mathematics in University and remember in the late 1950's us getting one of the first 8bit tape based computers in the department. When I worked for Rolls Rovce in Derby in mid 1960's we sent tape stacks down to the Univac center in London overnight. Things were so expensive we programmed restart times to cover for faults and use of paper etc so that we could restart and not go back to the beginning of the simulation run. Emigrated to Canada in 1970 and wonder now as the computers in my little studio must be several times more powerful as all the computers the company had then. The main IBM took almost a floor of the building and had less memory by a long way( I don't think people could comprehend a terabyte of memory then ) and certainly was not as powerful as my Threadripper.

In late 1970's as senior manager of a few departments of engineers I decided that I really needed to set my self on a re education trip and got the IT department to teach me how to put a PC together and learned DOS. Not really difficult as I had already programmed in several other languages. I have kept this up making all my PC's since then. Keeps the brain active !! Combination of video and computers is a nice mix of art and technology.

Threadripper 1920 stock clock 3.7, Gigabyte Designare X399 MB, 32G G.Skill 3200CL14, 500G M.2 SATA OS, 500G EVO 850 temp. 1T EVO 850 render, 6T Source, 2 x 1T NVME, MSI 1080Ti 11G , EVGA 850 G2, LG BLuray Burner, BM IP4K, WIN10 Pro

ASUS PB328 monitor, BenQ BL2711U 4K preview monitor, EDIUS 9.5 WG, Vegas 16, Resolve Studio 16

Cameras: GH5S, GH5, FDR-AX100, FDR-AX53, DJI OSMO Pocket, Atomos Ninja V
Ron Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 05:33 PM   #20
trillium

Yes, the good ole days when a meg of ram cost $1000. Still have 3 old Amigas, two with Toasters, from that era-- must say though it did a hell of good job with a meg of ram or two. 'Bout time I booted one of them to see if they still work!
Nvida 1060 OVC, CPU i7-8700 3.7GH
Edius 9.4
trillium is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS