Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 02-23-2008, 11:14 PM   #11
vanrugge

One thing I have noticed (with both Sorenson and On2VP) is that the only codecs affected are canopus lossless and Canopus HQ. Also I found that if you encode directly from the timeline the video appears correctly. The whole thing is a little frustrating.
vanrugge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 01:16 AM   #12
planetweckesser

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanrugge View Post
One thing I have noticed (with both Sorenson and On2VP) is that the only codecs affected are canopus lossless and Canopus HQ. Also I found that if you encode directly from the timeline the video appears correctly. The whole thing is a little frustrating.
Are you indicating that you can encode directly from the timeline (in Edius Pro 4.6) with Sorenson Squeeze? Excuse my stupidity but I had no idea you could do that.
Old 02-24-2008, 06:03 PM   #13
vanrugge

What program are you using to encode .flv? Because most of them plugin directly into the export options of Edius 4.6 so that you can encode directly from the timeline (e.g. F11) then choose flash video. I am using the flash 8 video encoder that comes included with Flash 8 and gives you the option of Sorenson or On2VP. But in short, yes, you can encode directly from the timeline.

The other option is to set up a watch folder with Pro Coder Express and you can export from the timeline in whichever codec you prefer (I have only noticed the reversal/inversion problem happening with Canopus HQ and Canopus Lossless) and by selecting quicktime export in PCE and setting your parameters there, it somehow bypasses the reversal/inversion issue.
Old 02-24-2008, 06:56 PM   #14
planetweckesser

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanrugge View Post
What program are you using to encode .flv? Because most of them plugin directly into the export options of Edius 4.6 so that you can encode directly from the timeline (e.g. F11) then choose flash video. I am using the flash 8 video encoder that comes included with Flash 8 and gives you the option of Sorenson or On2VP. But in short, yes, you can encode directly from the timeline.

The other option is to set up a watch folder with Pro Coder Express and you can export from the timeline in whichever codec you prefer (I have only noticed the reversal/inversion problem happening with Canopus HQ and Canopus Lossless) and by selecting quicktime export in PCE and setting your parameters there, it somehow bypasses the reversal/inversion issue.
I am only working with HDV files (.m2t) that are converted to Canopus HQ for editing and then use either Procoder 3 or
Speed Encoder for HDV (Canopus plugin) to make .m2t files. I then use Sorenson to convert the .m2t into elementary streams (.m2v) that are blu-ray compliant for authoring blu-ray discs through DVDit ProHD. I also encode directly from the Edius timeline to the blu-ray compliant files using Procoder 3 (takes a lot longer than Sorenson Squeeze).

Is there a way to go from the Edius timeline (using Canopus HQ codec [fine setting]) directly to HD elementary streams using Sorenson Squeeze without a lot of intermediary steps. I thought the only way to do that would be through Procoder 3 or Procoder Express.
Old 02-24-2008, 07:27 PM   #15
vanrugge

Sorry, my mistake. When you said Sorenson I automatically assumed it was Sorenson Spark/Squeeze for compression to .flv (flash video) not .m2v. That's where I have been having the same problem with video being inverted. I am not aware of any way of compressing directly from the timeline into .m2v.

My apologies for the confusion!
Old 02-24-2008, 10:04 PM   #16
planetweckesser

I also tried Canopus HQ avi file in Sorenson Squeeze 5.0 (Beta) and it is still upside down. Definitely an Edius 4.6 problem. On a side note - the new Sorenson software will no longer accept .m2t files (renamed to .mpg).
Old 02-24-2008, 11:13 PM   #17
shueardm

It is also the case with Canopus Lossless codec.
I tried Cleaner XL 1.5 and it is OK.

Not sure we should be blaming Canopus but they need to work out what has happened.
Old 02-24-2008, 11:21 PM   #18
THoff

Do you see the same problem when you play the Canopus HQ or Canopus Lossless files in Windows Media Player?

I'm asking because I updated to V4.6 and the files I am creating are fine, but I also don't have Sorenson Squeeze or Cleaner XL.

I also have Procoder V3.05 installed, but that was put on the system before the Edius V4.6 update.
THoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 11:25 PM   #19
shueardm

Works fine in Media Player. It is only an issue in Squeeze.
Old 02-25-2008, 01:59 AM   #20
tingsern

Obviously, something is messing up Sorenson Squeeze in Edius 4.6 upgrade. So, even Sorenson new version (5.0) is also showing the same problem? I think Canopus should definitely look into this problem. I can temporarily sidestep this issue by using ProCoder 3 - but, there are some things that can be done faster using Squeeze.
Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema
tingsern is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS