Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Converters > ProCoder

Old 11-19-2007, 05:34 PM   #1
Newitt

Default Watchfolder Problem

Hi there,

I am trying to set-up a semi automated workflow using ProCoder3 watch folders, but can't workout how to get round a rather annyoing little problem.

My source files are MPEG2, 720x576 with a display ratio of 4x3 (playback 768x576).

My required output format is MPEG2, 720x576, with VGA/square pixel display (playback 720x576).

Unfortunatley for me ProCoder is treating the input files as 768x576 and scaling to fit 720x576 and so my output files are letterboxed. I need an unscaled full-frame output.

Maybe I'm missing something but you can't apply a source filter to a watchfolder and tell ProCoder to treat the input files as having VGA/square pixels, which you can do with a normal project.

Also I am feeding the watchfolder via AVS scritps, so if there's something I need to add here to get the reult I'm after that would work for me.

Any help really appreciated.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:28 PM   #2
GrassValley_BH
Demystifier/Analogizer

If you enable "Apply same settings to similar sources" in the main app's options, then the last Source settings used for that file extension will apply to files dropped into watch folders.

But I don't quite get what you're saying...

720x576 with display aspect ratio 4x3 is a 4x3 image.
However, 720x576 with VGA/square pixel is not a 4x3 image, hence ProCoder is scaling to preserve correct aspect ratio.

If you want your output cropped, then you can change the Letterbox vs Scale&Crop setting in the main app.
GrassValley_BH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 09:51 AM   #3
Newitt

Yeah, I know I'm transcoding from MPEGs that playback 4x3 proper and ones that don't, but unfortunatley I'm stuck with the spec.

Anyway...

"Apply same settings to similar sources" has worked for me, thank you very much.

Satisifed customer here!
Old 11-20-2007, 08:45 PM   #4
GrassValley_BH
Demystifier/Analogizer

Good to hear it's sorted.
Sometimes the world doesn't work the way it should. Most times, unfortunately...
GrassValley_BH is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Converters > ProCoder