Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 06-29-2015, 11:39 PM   #161
createmedia

Jerry I don't get any crashes in 7.5 with BCC9 applied. Particle generators such as Rain and Snow do nothing, although cloth works, despite the adjustment window is present they have to be applied via Boris RED plugin.

I note the difficulties with Edius 8 and plugins not being recognised - one to try.

I found that NewBlue rendering was affected by Internet Explorer updates which come disguised as "Windows platform updates" and with IE10 it would freeze on render. I have had good performance keeping IE to version 8 and never using it, as well as deselecting such IE Ms updates, I was getting all sorts of crashes during second clip rendering from Edius with third party plugins and IE10 or up installed. It would render the first one ok then crash on the second render of the next clip. Whether that applies as the difference between your set up and mine I don't know but it is a tip.

Going the other way round Edius has however for a long time now been fragile on unrendering a rendered clip, for instance one with third party plugin filters applied and the clip is rendered. If Mercalli was to be double clicked on within the filter stack to alter its settings the timeline is locked but scrubbing still works and after a while Edius crashes, no Mercalli dialogue opens.

I have found it best to unlink a clip that needs rendering if Izotope Ozone 5 is applied to the audio track, as when the audio is rendered with the video the playback volume is changed. Unrendering the audio by altering its length fixes the volume change. I reported that one a long time ago.

The updated GV Storm 3G Elite host card for 2011v3 socket MB is sadly not working correctly, after a few hours editing the PCIe link light goes out on the Storm 3G Elite box and we get a BSOD 124 (Hardware error) the PCIe link light will not reappear during MB bios checks until all the power is removed by turning off the PSU mains switch. Any attempt at re-starting Windows without a complete power off results in continuos BSOD's every time it is booted. I am waiting for a solution to that one, currently system 4 is working fine with the Elite box unplugged and the host card left in the slot, but we have the Decklink card to continue monitoring the edit.

With loads of plugins, even with an SSD system drive Edius hangs around a long time nearly a minute and a half when loading without the green bar moving much but then it goes accross fairly quickly. The second reload (providing there has not been a crash) is much quicker.

Mike
Sys4: Z10PE-D16WS MB 2xE5-2696 Xeon 64 active logical cores. EWG9. 64G RAM. Aorus GTX1080Ti. 55" Q7 1500 NIT HDR 4K TV/Storm 3G Elite/Decklink 4K 12G/8CH audio monitoring, Yamaha RXA-870 A/V. Sys1-3 EWG8 + RX-E1+HDBX1000 MIP in HP xw8600 2 x X5492 CPU 8 cores, 8Gig RAM, Quadro FX3800. All sys Fibre to central media pool - 5TB Axus Yotta RAID + QLogic Fibre Switch. Central VCR rack plus YUV & audio to viewing room with Yamaha AX1 7.1 100 watt per channel amp with 1000W sub 63" HD 3D Samsung TV
createmedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 08:36 PM   #162
GrassValley_PS

Hello all,
I have hinted at good news, and here it is. Please see this post about a free upgrade to Workgroup.
http://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=35675
Main System: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512GB , GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, Corsair AX1200i PS, Phanteks Luxe Case, 16TB RAID (4)HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB, Corsair H115i CPU Cooler, AJA Kona 4, BMD Intensity Pro 4K, Win 10
GrassValley_PS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 09:59 AM   #163
Steady Hand

Default Pro or Workgroup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas_Gumm View Post
My decicion has been made already for workgroup version! ;) (...)
For what's worth it: If you got the free upgrade, you get "EDIUS 8 Workgroup" when you had "EDIUS 7 Pro". So probably "EDIUS 8 Pro" is less than "EDIUS 7 Pro". I guess only someone from marketing can explain (assuming engineers don't make decisions free of logic)...
Steady Hand is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS