Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 05-16-2007, 06:56 PM   #11
Philip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
How about an in-depth tutorial on the Chrominance filter? I've managed a fractional grasp of its capabilities and have actually moved past using just the eyedropper tool for some really nice effects. By far the most daunting, complicated, and potentially coolest filter of the bunch!

Great article Philip! For contrast, our local video assn. President is a big Edius fan!
Are you in my association....I'm the president of ours. :-)

I will have to look into the Chrominance filter and a possible tutorial. There are some pieces of that thing I don't understand either but a little research into it's powers may yield some new material for a tutorial. I use it mostly in the "shine" filter and also to do a color pass type function and show only one color and the rest BW. That is really all I use it for. What are some other things you would like to know how to do with the chrominance filter or are you just looking for a more detailed explanation of all the chrominance filter functions.
Philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 07:01 PM   #12
Philip

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasma_video View Post
Thanks Philip. A lot of folks don't realize what can be accomplished using Blend Filters. It's been one of my favorite tools since day 1.

Tom
And my favorite filter as well. I have to credit a moderator or someone from the old forums way back for tipping me off to the power of the blend filter. I couldn't live without it.....well I guess I could but it would be in another NLE.
Old 05-16-2007, 07:07 PM   #13
Philip

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFar View Post
That was a great tutorial. I have actually made all the presets and I plan to use the effect in my weddings. I would love to see more of these tutorials. I am sure there are many ways to use the powers of Edius that we do not know about. Thanks to Philip for the great lesson.
Chris
If you wanted to see the actual clip that was created when I was building the tutorial you can at www.frogmanproductions.com/video/BissellHighlights.wmv. The shot is the one where they are kissing on the bridge just before the bride walks down the aisle. That is the actual footage I used in the tutorial. I just built the effect from scratch and defined it along the way.
Old 05-17-2007, 12:16 AM   #14
GrassValley_BH
Demystifier/Analogizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Can anyone else confirm that the Chrominance filter > "Histogram" checkbox is now functional in 4.24, or have I overlooked it until today??? Very nice!!! It appears checked and greyed while using the eyedropper (default) tool.
It's always been there, but, it doesn't work in dropper mode, and in some versions there was a bug whereby leaving it checked and returning to the info first gave you a full color map (you would need to toggle it off, then back on to get proper display).

Play with the other modes. The ramping for both chroma and luma give you a lot of flexibility. In the pre-White Balance days, this was the way to get secondary color correction, albeit a bit labor-intensive.
GrassValley_BH is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS