Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Converters > ProCoder

Old 07-16-2007, 01:48 PM   #1
tarkken

Default ProCoder 2 & ProCoder 3 on same system? Squeeze as well?

I've used PC2 successfully for years, but it's time for some new capabilities. So, I just received the PC3 upgrade, as well as Sorenson Squeeze Power Pack 4.5.6.

Are there any problems or issues to having PC2 & PC3 on the same system? I installed it on my laptop and it seems to be launching correctly (although I haven't done any tests/work just yet since).

Likewise - I'm assuming there's no problem having Sorenson Squeeze on the same system as well.

Just trying to not introduce any problems for myself on my main system. I know that some programs/upgrades can have buggy hooks, etc.

I'm assuming that I won't have a need for PC2 soon enough - it's just a point of backup in case PC3 is acting finicky, etc.

Thanks.
tarkken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 04:07 PM   #2
GrassValley_KH
Mr Sparkle

While the two versions of ProCoder software install into different base folders, you may run into some conflicts with the services that run in the background for the conversion kernel.
GrassValley_KH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 05:35 PM   #3
tingsern

I am running Sorenson Squeeze, Procoder 3 and Procoder Express for Edius on one image of my workstation (win xp pro 32). No problems.
tingsern is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Converters > ProCoder