Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > EDIUS: Compatible Third Party Products

Old 03-17-2019, 11:50 AM   #1
Haddock

Default Black Magic Intensity pro 4 K

I don't have these card and so no experience at all.

2 of my clients have this card installed.... and meet issues.

One has no output sound. When I look the file I created with Nikon Z7 the codec is MOV. On the timeline the sound is not visible (draw) but it comes only via the computer output. (not via the HDMI... embedded in the parameteres).

I think it is still important to install Quick time 7 ? and validate it in Edius 9...but as I wrotte I have no practize.

The other try to capture a VHS via a pro player sony and the YUV cables... but it do no work at all.

My clients decide to buy, and then come back to me for the tuning...

May be you can help me with a step by step procedure to verify the installation and parameters to do it working with Edius 9. To capture and to have output sound

Thank you in advance

Sorry for my poor english, I am french native speaking

Main System: Azus Z87 Pro, 4770K@3.5Ghz, 16gb ram, Nvidia GeForce GT 630, Windows 7 Pro 64, Samsung 840 pro, Edius 8.53.2808 WG and 9.40.4896 + NXexpress or HDspark, 2T separate video SSD.
Haddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 04:16 PM   #2
Jerry

As long as you have the card in the correct slot, the installation is pretty simple.
The IP4K requires a 4x slot or higher.
Once it is installed, to get the video and audio to come across the HDMI into the export monitor you have to go to settings hardware and select the IP4K.
If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, 4790K@4.7Ghz, 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
Both systems on Gigabit network
Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, 980x@3.74, Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 10:53 PM   #3
antonsvideo

from memory, you need to go to the black magic control panel and select the correct input for video and audio, I don't have one here right now to check

however, remember that blacks will be crushed when capturing component from any of these cards, I think it also happens with S-Video and composite. Only SDI and HDMI capture has correct blacks (known unfixable bug)

it does not happen with the earlier version of Intensity Pro (maybe you can find one on ebay)

EDIUS 9 WG with Matrox MXO2, Asrock X99 Extreme 6, Intel Core i7 5960X Extreme Haswell-E 8-Core, Corsair Water Cooling, Nvidia Geforce GTX-980, Samsung 860 Pro SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 3 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Fractal Design Arc XL Tower, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win7 Pro
antonsvideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 10:16 AM   #4
David Clarke

If I understand this correctly there is no sound from the clip on the timeline or in the output file? No waveform display of the sound either?

Where did the clip come from? If captured with the Intensity Pro then there is something wrong with the cables/card or setting. If the clip came from a camera via an SD card, which I think it did from what you say, then the Intensity Pro has nothing to do with it.

So where did the clip come from and what kind of file is it?
Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10
David Clarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 10:34 AM   #5
antonsvideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Clarke View Post
If I understand this correctly there is no sound from the clip on the timeline or in the output file? No waveform display of the sound either?

Where did the clip come from? If captured with the Intensity Pro then there is something wrong with the cables/card or setting. If the clip came from a camera via an SD card, which I think it did from what you say, then the Intensity Pro has nothing to do with it.

So where did the clip come from and what kind of file is it?
he mentioned the clip is from Nikon Z7 and has MOV extension

the confusion is that he is takling two different issues in the same post

EDIUS 9 WG with Matrox MXO2, Asrock X99 Extreme 6, Intel Core i7 5960X Extreme Haswell-E 8-Core, Corsair Water Cooling, Nvidia Geforce GTX-980, Samsung 860 Pro SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 3 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Fractal Design Arc XL Tower, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win7 Pro
antonsvideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 11:04 AM   #6
David Clarke

That is what I thought, in which case the Nikon MOV clip having no sound is nothing to do with the BM IP4K, but wanted to clarify.

When it comes to setting up the BM IK 4K for capture and playback I made some videos which you can see here, Haddock: http://www.dvctraining.co.uk/installing-edius-9/

The most likely reason you cannot capture VHS is that you have not chosen the right input in the Blackmagic control panel, or not set up the correct capture preset in EDIUS.
Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10
David Clarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 11:48 AM   #7
dpalomaki

Also be aware that unless BM has fixed it (they had not last I knew) at least for NTSC SD signals, the component (YUV) from the 4K levels are not right. They are closer to correct for composite and s-video inputs, subject to the black levels issue. The discontinued Intensity Pro was much better at SD.

This thread covers it.
https://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/...=intensity+pro
dpalomaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 05:14 PM   #8
Haddock

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonsvideo View Post
from memory, you need to go to the black magic control panel and select the correct input for video and audio, I don't have one here right now to check

however, remember that blacks will be crushed when capturing component from any of these cards, I think it also happens with S-Video and composite. Only SDI and HDMI capture has correct blacks (known unfixable bug)

it does not happen with the earlier version of Intensity Pro (maybe you can find one on ebay)
Thank you Anton

Main System: Azus Z87 Pro, 4770K@3.5Ghz, 16gb ram, Nvidia GeForce GT 630, Windows 7 Pro 64, Samsung 840 pro, Edius 8.53.2808 WG and 9.40.4896 + NXexpress or HDspark, 2T separate video SSD.
Old 03-18-2019, 05:18 PM   #9
Haddock

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Clarke View Post
That is what I thought, in which case the Nikon MOV clip having no sound is nothing to do with the BM IP4K, but wanted to clarify.

When it comes to setting up the BM IK 4K for capture and playback I made some videos which you can see here, Haddock: http://www.dvctraining.co.uk/installing-edius-9/

The most likely reason you cannot capture VHS is that you have not chosen the right input in the Blackmagic control panel, or not set up the correct capture preset in EDIUS.
Thank you David... I have not looked yet but I trust and prefer to thank you first

Old 03-18-2019, 05:20 PM   #10
Haddock

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpalomaki View Post
Also be aware that unless BM has fixed it (they had not last I knew) at least for NTSC SD signals, the component (YUV) from the 4K levels are not right. They are closer to correct for composite and s-video inputs, subject to the black levels issue. The discontinued Intensity Pro was much better at SD.

This thread covers it.
https://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/...=intensity+pro
Thanks to you also... these are ways that help me to not search anywhere...

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > EDIUS: Compatible Third Party Products