Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Replay Control Systems > Working with K2 Dyno

Old 05-09-2014, 10:05 AM   #1
Felix P.

Default Loop Overrun - Cue at field position

Dear Administrators,

I am working on a software application which is used simulatenously to the Dyno Controller. With this software it should be possible to stop at given field using context changes.
I installed AppCenter (version 9.2.0.1964) and it is possible to cue the play channel at a specific timecode (time of day), when the loop is overrun. Unfortunately, there seems to be a bug regarding cueing the player using a position as a tc object, which is only possible if the loop is not overrun: Player.Cue((int)position).
However, this problem also occurs, when the DynoController is used with the configuration setting 'counter' for the 'timecode display'.
Felix P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 11:49 PM   #2
GrassValley_OB
Grass Valley

"I installed AppCenter (version 9.2.0.1964) and it is possible to cue the play channel at a specific timecode (time of day), when the loop is overrun."
You can use GOTO on the Dyno controller, or in AppCenter, to enter a specific timecode to cue to. If the system has reclaimed the drive space due to Loop Mode, then NO it has been deleted. The system will continue to take 3 minutes from the beginning of the recording once the total loop record limit has been reached.

"However, this problem also occurs, when the DynoController is used with the configuration setting 'counter' for the 'timecode display'." Counter time is designed to simulate CTRL track. For most users they simply want to keep an accounting of how long they have been recording if they intend to start and stop recordings in non-loop mode.
GrassValley_OB is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Replay Control Systems > Working with K2 Dyno